WHAT IS THE MONOGRAM CAREER NETWORK?
• The MCN is a networking program that connects current Notre Dame student-athletes/student support staff with Monogram winners and other supporters of the Monogram Club. The MCN also provides assistance to Monogram alumni seeking professional guidance.
• The MCN helps support the mission of educating the total student-athlete, as well as the greater objective of the Notre Dame athletics department, which is to empower students to achieve their absolute best in all of their endeavors.
• MCN strives to deliver on the 40-year promise that is bestowed upon Notre Dame student-athletes.
• By partnering with the MCN, Notre Dame student-athletes are provided with tremendous resources to build strong relationships that will prepare them to achieve their professional aspirations after graduation.
• Notre Dame student-athletes have tremendous skills that are coveted in the professional world. Those traits include leadership, teamwork, maturity, time management and the ability to problem solve, yet due to their athletic obligations it is difficult to find internships and/or full-time employment opportunities with firms that can accommodate their athletic requirements and give proper consideration to gaps in their resume that result from adherence to their athletic obligations.
• The MCN, with former student-athletes as mentors, is uniquely positioned to support the needs of the current student-athlete as they prepare for and pursue their career goals.
• Former student-athletes and friends of the Monogram Club who offer career advice and networking opportunities.
STUDENT-ATHLETES/STUDENT SUPPORT STAFF
• Student-athletes/student support staff reach out to the MCN or the Student-Athlete Careers Program Director to begin focusing on industry opportunities.
• Based on feedback, appropriate MCN connections are facilitated. Students then take the initiative to establish relationships with Mentors who provide professional insight and guidance.
• MCN and Mentors work with institutions’ human resource departments to create opportunities that fit candidates’ circumstances and opens doors to relationships with Notre Dame Career Services.
HOW CAN MONOGRAM WINNERS HELP?
• Provide industry advice to current student-athletes.
• Host student-athletes at your organization for a job shadow opportunity or as part of a career trek.
• Attend MCN events.