|Game 5: Notre Dame (3-1) vs. Duquesne (3-0) – 2018 Gotham Classic Showcase Game|
|Date||Tuesday, November 20, 2018 | 7 p.m. ET|
|Location||Notre Dame, IN | Purcell Pavilion (9,149)|
|Tickets||und.com/buytickets | Purcell Pavilion Seating Chart|
|Live Stream||ACC Network Extra|
|Radio||Notre Dame Basketball Network (also available on the Notre Dame app)|
|Live Stats||Notre Dame Athletics StatBroadcast Home Page|
|Gotham Classic||2018 Gotham Classic|
|2018-19 Stats||Notre Dame | Duquesne|
|Social Media||@NDMBB | @FightingIrish | @ndmbb | NDmbb on Facebook|
IRISH FACE DUQUESNE IN GOTHAM CLASSIC SHOWCASE GAME
The University of Notre Dame men’s basketball team (3-1) completes the 2018 Gotham Classic with the event’s ‘Showcase Game’ on Tuesday evening against Duquesne (3-0).
The Dukes are 3-0 on the season with all three victories coming in the Gotham Classic (84-70 over William & Mary, 89-88 over UIC in overtime and 69-64 over Radford). The contest with Radford was played in Akron, Ohio, due to a scheduling conflict on Duquesne’s main floor and also was a homecoming for head coach Keith Dambrot, who returned to St. Vincent-St. Mary where he was the head coach during LeBron James’ final three seasons with the Irish.
DUQUESNE QUICK FACTS
- Located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Duquesne (a private Catholic university) is a member of the Atlantic 10 Conference.
- The Dukes finished 17-19 in 2017-18 under first-year coach Keith Dambrot. Dambrot helped develop Akron into one of the top programs in the MAC before moving to Duquesne. Dambrot also was the coach at Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary from 1998-2001 and helped develop LeBron James during his prep career.
- Duquesne is named after the 18th-century governor of New France, Michel-Ange Duquesne de Menneville (he was the first to bring Catholic observances to the Pittsburgh area).
NOTRE DAME vs. DUQUESNE
- The Irish and Dukes will be meeting for the eighth time on Tuesday evening, with Duquesne leading the all-time series 5-2.
- The two teams have not met since a 77-62 Notre Dame victory in Purcell Pavilion on February 8, 1995.
- That 1995 victory broke a five-game win streak in the series for Duquesne, dating back to 1971 when the visiting Dukes knocked off No. 9/10 Notre Dame 81-78 at Purcell Pavilion.