The Atlantic Coast Conference has unveiled its 2019 league schedule that will feature 12 nationally-televised games for the University of Notre Dame men’s basketball team throughout a challenging 18-game slate.
The Irish home schedule features visits from Syracuse (Jan. 5), Virginia (Jan. 26), Duke (Jan. 28) and Virginia Tech (Feb. 23) – all teams expected to be ranked in the preseason top 25.
The away schedule will begin on January 1, 2019, at Virginia Tech and includes visits to North Carolina (Jan. 15), Miami (FL) (Feb. 6), Virginia (Feb. 16) and Louisville (March 3).
Notre Dame fans across the nation will be able to watch each conference game through the ESPN family of networks, Raycom, Regional Sports Networks and CBS. Including the non-conference schedule released earlier in September, Notre Dame will appear on CBS three times (vs. Purdue in Indianapolis on December 15, 2018), at home against Virginia (Jan. 26) and at Louisville (March 3).
2019 ACC Schedule – Need To Know
- Boston College and Georgia Tech returns as Notre Dame’s traditional ACC repeat opponents, while Virginia and Virginia Tech make up the additional two home-and-home series in 2019.
- This season also marks the final year of an 18-game ACC schedule as the league plans to move to 20 conference games for the 2019-20 campaign.The Irish face three Saturday – Monday turnarounds, vs. Virginia and Duke at home on Jan. 26 and 28 respectively, then at home against Virginia Tech (Feb. 23) and at Florida State on Monday, February 25.
- The contest at home against Duke (Jan. 28) and at Florida State (Feb. 25) are both ESPN Big Monday games.The games designated to be broadcast on Raycom are a new reference to what was called the ACC Network in previous seasons. Raycom affiliates will be announced at a later date.
- The games designated to be broadcast on Regional Sports Networks can be seen on FOX Sports Florida, FOX Sports Sun, FOX Sports South, NBC Sports Washington, AT&T SPORTSNET Pittsburgh, YES, NESN, FOX Sports Indiana and FOX Sports Midwest.
2019 ACC Schedule Breakdown
Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019 – at Virginia Tech, 1 p.m. ET, ESPNU
- The first ACC game of the calendar year is a rematch of the ACC tournament second round game from 2018 which saw Notre Dame post the greatest rally in program history. The Irish came back to defeat Virginia Tech 71-65 after trailing by 21 points.
- This marks the first season since Notre Dame joined the ACC for the 2014 conference campaign that the Irish and Hokies are scheduled to meet twice in the regular season.
- Mike Brey holds a 9-3 advantage in the coaching series against Virginia Tech’s Buzz Williams.
Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019 – vs. Syracuse, 12 p.m. ET, Raycom
- Syracuse returns to Purcell Pavilion for the first time since 2017 for the lone regular-season game between the Irish and Orange.
- Notre Dame is riding a two-game winning streak in the series, the first such streak since 2007-08 when both teams were in the BIG EAST.
Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019 – vs. Boston College, 12 p.m. ET, Regional Sports Networks
- As one of Notre Dame’s traditional home-and-home yearly series, the Irish and Eagles will be meeting for the ninth and 10th times as ACC opponents in 2019.
- Notre Dame is riding an 11-game win streak over Boston College, dating back to the final BIG EAST meeting between the two teams on Feb. 8, 2005.
Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2019 – at North Carolina, 9 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Notre Dame will travel to Chapel Hill for the second consecutive season for the only match up between the Irish and Tar Heels.
- North Carolina has won the last five meetings between the two teams after Notre Dame posted a three-game win streak in 2015-16.
Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019 – vs. NC State, 2 p.m. ET, Raycom
- NC State returns to Purcell Pavilion for the second straight season. The Wolfpack’s 2018 visit came on Jan. 6, 2018, an 88-58 victory for the Irish as Mike Brey set the all-time men’s basketball coaching wins mark at Notre Dame.
- Notre Dame leads the all-time series with NC State 8-5 (4-2 in ACC play).
Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2019 – at Georgia Tech, 7 p.m. ET, Regional Sports Networks
- Notre Dame and Georgia Tech will renew their home-and-home rivalry again in 2019.
- Since joining the ACC, Notre Dame is 6-4 against the Yellow Jackets with all four losses coming in McCamish Pavilion.
- Notre Dame has not won at McCamish Pavilion since Jan. 14, 2015, but Georgia Tech has not won at Purcell Pavilion (0-5) since the two programs became ACC opponents.
Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019 – vs. Virginia, 1 p.m. ET, CBS
- The first of two meetings between Notre Dame and Virginia marks the beginning of ND’s two Saturday-Monday turnarounds in 2019.
Monday, Jan. 28, 2019 – vs. Duke, 7 p..m. ET, ESPN
- The Irish and Blue Devils meet on Big Monday for the lone regular-season matchup in 2019.
- Notre Dame and Duke have met in the ACC tournament in the past four seasons, which each team winning two of those contests.
Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019 – at Boston College, 2 p.m. ET, Regional Sports Networks
Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019 – at Miami (FL), 7 p.m. ET, ESPN2 or ESPNU
- Notre Dame and Miami will meet for a single time this season as the Irish return to South Beach for the first time since 2017.
- The Irish – Hurricanes all-time series is deadlocked at 11-11.
Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019 – vs. Georgia Tech, 6 p.m. ET, ESPNU
Saturday, Feb. 16, 2019 – at Virginia, 2 p.m. ET, Raycom
Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019 – vs. Wake Forest, 7 p.m. ET, ESPN2 or ESPNU
Notre Dame will look to extend its five-game win streak over the Demon Deacons in the lone regular-season ACC meeting of 2019.
Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2019 – vs. Virginia Tech, 4 p.m. ET, ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU
Monday, Feb. 25, 2019 – at Florida State, 7 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Notre Dame returns to Tallahassee looking for the program’s first win in the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center.
- The Irish are 3-0 against Florida State as ACC opponents at Purcell Pavilion, but 0-3 at FSU.
Sunday, March 3, 2019 – at Louisville, 1:30 p.m. ET, CBS
- One of the most entertaining ACC series renews in the KFC Yum! Center for a late-season CBS nationally televised contest.
- Louisville has won the last two meetings between the two teams after Notre Dame won the first three contests as ACC opponents.
Wednesday, March 6, 2019 – vs. Clemson, 9 p.m. ET, ESPN2 or ESPNU
- Clemson earned its first victory over an undermanned Notre Dame team in Littlejohn Coliseum last season.
- Notre Dame played the contest at Clemson without D.J. Harvey, Bonzie Colson and John Mooney, with Matt Farrell also limited by an ankle injury.
- Notre Dame is 5-1 against Clemson, all as ACC opponents (and 3-0 at Purcell Pavilion).
Saturday, March 9, 2019 – at Pittsburgh, 12 p.m. ET, Raycom
- The Irish return to the Petersen Events Center for the first time since an overtime win on New Years Eve in 2016.
- Notre Dame has won the last two meetings with Pittsburgh after the Panthers claimed wins in the first three games as ACC opponents.
The 2019 ACC Championship in Charlotte, North Carolina, at Time Warner Cable Arena and begins on March 12, 2019. The NCAA Championship first round action begins on March 21, 2019 at designated sites around the country.
Season ticket packages are available for purchase at und.com/buytickets. Single-game tickets will go on sale at a future date.