Feb. 20, 2014
NOTRE DAME, Ind. – Opportunities to ride with the team to a local road game, autographed jerseys and seats to May home contests are just some of the items that will be auctioned off next Tuesday (Feb. 25) at the University of Notre Dame baseball team’s annual Meet the Team Dinner that will be held from 6 – 9 p.m. in Club Naimoli.
The auction, which will be a silent format, will allow fans to bid on the below items for the entirety of the dinner. Winners will be announced and items distributed at the conclusion of the event.
Speaking at this year’s event will be former Notre Dame four-time All-American and Major League pitcher Aaron Heilman. Heilman, who played for the New York Mets, Chicago Cubs and Arizona Diamondbacks over nine years, was the 14th Notre Dame student-athlete to become a four-time All-American and the 14th Division I pitcher to reach 40-plus wins and 400-plus strikeouts in a career. The Logansport, Ind., native led the nation in ERA as a freshman and left the program with a plethora of Notre Dame and BIG EAST records.
For fans that are interested in the dinner, tickets are $25 for adults or $15 for youth and seniors. A dinner four-pack is $16.25 per ticket. Notre Dame faculty and staff can attend the dinner for $20 by showing their Notre Dame ID.
A pre-dinner reception with the Notre Dame coaches and Heilman from 6-6:45 p.m. will offer fans a chance to meet and get autographs with the former big leaguer.
Tickets for the reception and dinner, are $65 for adults and $45 for youth.
There is a season ticket discount for fans who are attending the dinner. Dinner tickets with a season pass for the Irish baseball and softball home schedule are $65 for adults and $45 for youth and seniors. Season tickets are normally $50 and $35, respectively.
Fans attending the dinner and not the reception will need to arrive at 6:45 p.m.
Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets early to ensure their spot at the special night. Tickets for the meet the team dinner are on sale at or can be purchased weekdays from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. (ET) by phone at (574) 631-7356 or in person at Gate 9 inside the Rosenthal Atrium of the Murnane Family Ticket Office in Purcell Pavilion.
Following the dinner, the team will go down to the Purcell Pavilion court and have their heads shaved to help raise money for The St. Baldrick’s Foundation. Notre Dame’s The Bald & The Beautiful organization will partner with the Irish for this worthy cause. Donations will be accepted during the event and anyone is welcome to come to Purcell and watch. Both organizations have partnered with the Irish over the years.
The Irish have also partnered with the Friends of Jaclyn Foundation, which pairs children battling pediatric brain tumors with college or high school sports teams. This season, the team has gotten to spend a lot of quality time with Daniel Alexander. Photos are posted regularly on the team’s Twitter account (@NDBaseball).
Items For Auction
- Four seats for Friday, May 9 game vs. Clemson at Frank Eck Stadium – Includes four beverages, four hot dogs, four popcorns and a visit to the press box before the game
- Four seats for Friday, May 16 game vs. Pitt at Frank Eck Stadium – Includes four beverages, four hot dogs, four popcorns and a visit to the press box before the game
- Four courtside seats to Notre Dame women’s basketball game vs. North Carolina Feb. 27 – also includes four passes to Club Naimoli
- A signed and personalized game worn Notre Dame baseball jerseys – winner may specify player – available after season (Four jerseys will be up for auction)
- Bat boy / girl for game of choice (two available)
- One free admission to either of the Notre Dame summer youth baseball camps (June 16-18 or June 23-25)
- Ride along with the team for two people to one of Notre Dame baseball’s “Home Away from Home” games this season
- Throw out first pitch and watch a game (with a companion) from the press box with an opportunity to help with announcing
- Autographed David Phelps baseball (Former Irish great and current N.Y. Yankees pitcher)
–Russell Dorn, Assistant Media Relations Director