NOTRE DAME, Ind. — The 14th-ranked Notre Dame women’s soccer team is back on the field this week to kick off the ACC Championships down in Cary, N.C. The Irish earned the eighth seed and will be paired up with top-seed and second-ranked Florida State in the first of four quarterfinal matchups Tuesday afternoon. In a rematch of the season opening game against the Seminoles, the Irish will look to advance to the semifinals of the ACC Championship for the third time in program history since joining the league in 2013.
|#8 Notre Dame (4-4-0, 4-4-0 ACC) vs. #1 Florida State (8-0-0, 8-0-0 ACC)|
|When:||Tuesday, November 10 | 12:30 p.m. ET|
|Where:||Cary, N.C. | WakeMed Park|
|Live Scoring:||ACC Live Stats|
Know the Opponent: Florida State Seminoles
- Notre Dame will have a rematch in the quarterfinals of the ACC Championship as the eight-seed Irish are paired up with the top-seed Florida State Seminoles.
- The Irish and Seminoles kicked off the season back in September and will meet for the second time in school history in the ACC Championship.
- Florida State holds a 7-4 all-time advantage between the two schools and are 2-1 in games held on a neutral venue.
- The last time the two schools met on a neutral field was the ACC semifinals back in 2014 and the Seminoles came away with a 3-1 victory.
- Notre Dame enters the ACC Championship for the sixth time since they joined the conference in 2013.
- The last win for the Irish at the ACC Championship came back in 2016 when they defeated NC State 1-0 in the quarterfinals before falling to top-seed North Carolina in the semis.
- Florida State heads into the matchup with an 8-0 record after completing a perfect regular season in ACC play. The Seminoles finished in a tie for first with North Carolina but earned the No. 1 seed due to goal differential.
- The Irish finished the ACC season in a tie for sixth but drew the eight seed due to goal differential.
Irish Finish Among ACC’s Best
- As the ACC regular season came to a close last week, the Irish had a number of players finish near the top of the ACC rankings.
- Kiki Van Zanten finished tied for the league lead in goals in conference games with all six of her goals coming against ACC opponents.
- Van Zanten ranked tied for second in the ACC in overall goals and tied for fourth in points (12).
- Van Zanten is tied for third nationally in total goals this season.
- She is the only ACC player this season to record a hat trick and leads the league in most points in a game with six when she scored three times in the 6-0 road win over Miami.
- Junior Goalkeeper Mattie Interian is tied for fifth in the conference in solo shutouts with three.
- Interian also ranks sixth in goals against average with 1.27 and seventh in save percentage with .722.