Notre Dame returns to Alumni Stadium to host Syracuse this weekend. The match is slated to begin at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, Oct. 11. The match will be available to stream live on ACCNX.
THE SYRACUSE SERIES
• Notre Dame and Syracuse will face each other on Sunday afternoon for the 20th time in series history. The Irish are 14-3-2 against the Orange in the all-time series.
• Notre Dame has dropped just one decision over the last 15 meetings, posting a record of 12-1-2 in that span.
• The Irish won a 3-2 decision in the last meeting between the two sides on Sept. 7, 2018, at Syracuse.
• Notre Dame is 6-2-1 in matches against the Orange at Notre Dame.
• Senior forward Aiden McFadden is living up to his No. 10 jersey this season, totaling three assists through three games.
• McFadden’s average of an assist per game ranks the senior tied for first in the country in the statistical category.
• All three of McFadden’s assists have come off crosses, including two from service from corners.
LYNN LEADS THE LINE
• Junior forward Jack Lynn leads all Notre Dame active players in career goals with 14.
• Despite battling injuries to start the season, Lynn scored his first goal of the year in the last outing against Louisville with a diving header to level the match at 1-1.
• The forward enjoyed a breakout 2019 campaign, scoring a career-high 10 goals to lead the Irish attack.
CAPITALIZING ON CORNERS
• Through three games the Irish have scored two goals off set pieces during the 2020 campaign.
• Both goals have come off corners with the service from senior Aiden McFadden.
• Freshman Daniel Russo headed in a goal in the opener against Kentucky to give the Irish the 1-0 win.
• In the second game of the season sophomore Michael Pellegrino half volleyed a shot from just inside the box to level the score at 1-1 against No. 4 Pitt.
CHALLENGING SLATE AHEAD
• The Irish have never shied away from playing a challenging slate of opponents and the 2020 schedule looks to be no different.
• Notre Dame is set to play eight regular-season matches in the fall, six counting as ACC play.
• All eight matches feature teams that played in last season’s NCAA Tournament.
• The only team the Irish face from outside the ACC is Kentucky in the season-opener, which Notre Dame won by a final of 1-0.
• The Irish also technically play another non-conference match against Pitt on Saturday, Sept. 26.
RILEY ENTERS YEAR THREE AT NOTRE DAME
• Head Coach Chad Riley is in his third season at the helm of his alma mater.
• Riley has led the Irish to back-to-back NCAA Tournament appearances since taking the reins of the program.
• The Irish have a record of 22-17-4 during Riley’s tenure.
• Riley became the first head coach in program history to reach the NCAA quarterfinals in his debut season after earning the No. 7 overall seed in the tournament.