The Notre Dame softball team is set to travel to Virginia for a three-game ACC series this weekend. The Fighting Irish and Cavaliers are slated to play a pair on Friday, April 19, before concluding the series on Saturday, April 20.
2019 Notes & Numbers
- The Irish have played 13 games this season against teams ranked in the top 25 or receiving votes, with seven games against top-10 opponents (at the time of the game).
- Ali Wester’s 270 career hits rank third in the nation among active players, trailing only Oklahoma’s Sydney Romero (291) and Florida’s Amanda Lorenz (276). In the Irish record book, Wester is third in career hits, trailing her sister Karley (323) and Megan Ciolli (284).
- Ali Wester has struck out once every 20.4 at-bats this season, making her the toughest hitter in the ACC to strikeout.
- This season, Ali Wester has notched 58 hits, ranking third in the ACC and 23rd nationally. Georgia Tech’s Breanna Roper leads the league with 64 hits, while George Washington’s Sierra Lange leads the nation with 72 hits.
- Cait Brooks leads the ACC with 16 home runs on the year. Her total ranks 13th nationally, with Mia Davidson (Mississippi State) and .Alyssa Oakes (USC Upstate) leading the country with 22 home runs each.
- Cait Brooks’ 16 homers put her just one shy of the program record for home runs in a season. She is currently tied with Dani Miller, who hit 16 home runs in 2012. The Irish record of 17 home runs in a season is shared by Laura Winter (2013), Heather Johnson (2010) and Christine Lux (2010).
- In her career, Cait Brooks has connected for 44 home runs, slotting her third on the Notre Dame career home run list. She trails only Christine Lux (50) and Dani Miller (48).
- Cait Brooks leads the ACC in slugging percentage, checking in at a clip of .903. She ranks 13th in the nation in the category.
- With 44 career home runs, Cait Brooks ranks 15th in career home runs among active players. She is one of 27 players in the nation to have eclipsed 40 career homers and with her next home run will become one of 15 to have reached 45 career round-trippers.
- Freshman pitcher Payton Tidd ranks third in the ACC with 17 victories. Her 17 wins rank third in the nation among freshman pitchers and she is one of just 10 rookie pitchers in the nation to have eclipsed 15 wins.
- Katie Marino’s 1.05 runs per game slots third in the ACC and 25th in the nation.
- Abby Sweet has driven in runs on five sacrifice flies this season, seventh in the country and tops in the ACC (tied with Virginia Tech’s Caitlyn Nolan). The national leaders are at seven sac flies this season.