Feb. 16, 2017
NOTRE DAME, Indiana – Three former University of Notre Dame players have been officially invited to the National Football League Scouting Combine, to be held February 28-March 6, 2017, at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
|2017||3 – (DeShone Kizer, Jarron Jones and Isaac Rochell)|
|2016||10 – (Chris Brown, Sheldon Day, Will Fuller, Nick Martin, Romeo Okwara, C.J. Prosise, KeiVarae Russell, Elijah Shumate, Jaylon Smith and Ronnie Stanley)|
|2015||3 – (Kyle Brindza, DaVaris Daniels and Ben Koyack)|
|2014||9 – (George Atkinson III, Bennett Jackson, TJ Jones, Zack Martin, Troy Niklas, Louis Nix III, Prince Shembo, Stephon Tuitt and Chris Watt)|
|2013||8 – (Braxston Cave, Tyler Eifert, Kapron Lewis-Moore, Zeke Motta, Theo Riddick, Jamoris Slaughter, Manti Te’o and Cierre Wood)|
|2012||6 – (Robert Blanton, Taylor Dever, Darius Fleming, Michael Floyd, Jonas Gray and Harrison Smith)|
|2011||3 – (Armando Allen, Kyle Rudolph and Ian Williams)|
|2010||5 – (Jimmy Clausen, Kyle McCarthy, Eric Olsen, Golden Tate, Sam Young)|
|2009||1 – (David Bruton)|
|2008||4 – (John Carlson, Trevor Laws, John Sullivan and Tom Zbikowski)|
|2007||6 – (Victor Abiamiri, Ryan Harris, Chinedum Ndukwe, Brady Quinn, Dan Santucci and Darius Walker)|
|2006||3 – (Anthony Fasano, Dan Stevenson and Maurice Stovall)|
|2005||3 – (Jerome Collins, Mike Goolsby and Ryan Grant)|
|2004||7 – (Darrell Campbell, Vontez Duff, Glenn Earl, Cedric Hilliard, Julius Jones, Jim Molinaro and Courtney Watson)|
|2003||7 – (Arnaz Battle, Jordan Black, Brennan Curtin, Tom Lopienski, Sean Mahan, Gerome Sapp and Shane Walton)|
|2002||10 – (Rocky Boiman, Tony Fisher, David Givens, Tyreo Harrison, Javin Hunter, Grant Irons, Ron Isreal, John Owens, Kurt Vollers and Anthony Weaver)|
|2001||4 – (Mike Gandy, Jabari Holloway, Dan O’Leary and Brock Williams)|
|2000||2 – (Lamont Bryant and Jarious Jackson)|
|1999||5 – (Autry Denson, Bobbie Howard, Kory Minor, Luke Petitgout and Jerry Wisne)|
Notre Dame 2017 NFL Combine Notes
- Notre Dame has had 39 combined participants in the 2012-17 NFL Scouting Combines. Only Alabama (61), Florida State (54), LSU (53, Florida (46), Ohio State (43) and USC (42) have combined for more in those six years.
- Notre Dame’s 10 participants in last year’s NFL Scouting Combine ranked as the second-most in the nation behind Ohio State’s 14. Alabama and UCLA were next in line with nine, while Florida, Georgia, Clemson and Auburn each had eight.
- Notre Dame has had 33 combined participants in the 2013-17 NFL Scouting Combines. Only Alabama (52), Florida State (48), LSU (45), Florida (43), Ohio State (39) and USC (35) have combined for more in those five years.
- Notre Dame’s 39 combined participants in the last six NFL Scouting Combines almost doubles the entire Irish output (22) over the previous six NFL Combines (2006-11).
- Fifteen schools have at least eight participants in the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine. Notre Dame played 10 of those 15 schools between 2012-2017 a total of 14 times (USC five times, Miami, Fla., twice, Louisville, North Carolina, Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, LSU and Ohio State).
- Eight of Notre Dame’s 12 foes in 2016 have at least one participant in the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine. The eight opponents have a combined 35 players participating in this year’s event (out of a possible 330 combine participants).
- Sixteen schools have had at least 30 combined participants in the 2012-17 NFL Scouting Combines. Notre Dame played nine of them a total of 22 times between 2012-17 (USC six times, Stanford six times, Michigan State three times, Oklahoma twice, Alabama, Florida State, LSU, Ohio State and Clemson).
- All nine of those schools rank among the top 16 in terms of NFL Combine participants since 2012. Alabama (61), Florida State (54) and LSU (53) rank 1-2-3. Ohio State (43) is fifth, USC (42) is sixth, Clemson (38) is eighth, Oklahoma (35) is tied for ninth, Stanford (34) is 12th and Michigan State (30) is 16th.
— ND —