NOTRE DAME, IND. — Notre Dame heads to Highland Heights, Kentucky, for the Northern Kentucky Invitational on Friday and Saturday (Sept. 13-14). The Irish open the event against Cincinnati on Friday at 3 p.m. before taking on Northern Kentucky at noon and Ball State at 5:30 p.m. the following day. None of the contests from Highland Heights will be live streamed.
SERIES HISTORY VS. CINCINNATI
The Irish and Bearcats will be meeting for the 18th time on Friday afternoon. Notre Dame owns an 11-6 advantage in the all-time series, including two straight victories. The two teams have net met since November 9th, 2012, when the Irish earned a five-set victory inside Purcell Pavilion.
SERIES HISTORY VS. NORTHERN KENTUCKY
Saturday marks the second meeting between Notre Dame and Northern Kentucky. The two sides met for the first time last season on August 25th, with the Irish earning a 3-0 sweep of the Norse in the Golden Dome Invitational. Zoe Nunez earned 32 assists and 15 digs for the first double-double of her career.
SERIES HISTORY VS. BALL STATE
The Irish and Ball State have met on six previous occasions, with each squad owning three victories. The Irish and Cardinals have not matched up since September 18th, 2015.
SCHMIDT NAMED ACC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Freshman libero Kiara Schmidt was named the ACC’s Freshman of the Week on September 9th. Schmidt helped the Irish earn a pair of victories over Valparaiso and #18 Purdue last week to improve to 4-1 overall. She recorded a game-high 20 digs in Notre Dame’s sweep of Valpo before leading the Irish with 19 digs in a 3-2 win against 18th-ranked Purdue.
- 40 – Irish Volleyball is in the midst of its 40th season of competition at the University
- 36 – The Irish have racked up 36 service aces in their first five matches, which ranks third in the ACC. Sydney Bent currently ranks fourth in the ACC with 10 aces while Madison Cruzado ranks sixth with nine aces.
- .156 – Notre Dame has held its opponents to a .156 hitting percentage over its first five matches.
- 16.14 – The Irish rank third in the conference with an average of 16.14 digs per set.
- 231 – Sophomore Zoe Nunez has earned 231 assists in five matches for an average of 11 assists per set. Her 231 assists currently rank second in the ACC.