MACON, Ga. — The University of Notre Dame’s women’s golf team is tied for 12th at the 2019 Brickyard Collegiate following Monday’s first and second rounds at the Brickyard Golf Course (par 72/6,155 yards).
Battling some adverse conditions, including a lightning delay, the Irish shot a 308 in Monday morning’s opening round and followed with an afternoon 304 (308-304=612).
Emma Albrecht leads the team after two rounds and is tied for 40th (78-74=152), followed by Abby Heck (74-80=154). Heck’s first round 74 along with Emma Albrecht’s and Isabella DiLisio’s second round 74’s were Notre Dame’s best rounds of the day. Albrecht played her final 11 holes of the day at a one-under par clip, while DiLisio carded a three-under par 33 on her second back nine of the day.
Both Mia Ayer (75-80=155) and Claire Albrecht (81-76=157) saw both of their rounds count for the Irish as well.
The hosts from Mercer (284-293=577) lead the field, followed by Charlotte (287-291=578) and East Tennessee State (290-292=582).
Tuesday’s final round will begin with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. with the Irish starting on holes 13-17.
Final Round — 2019 Brickyard Collegiate (hosted by Mercer)
Dates: April 9, 2019
Format/Tee Times: 18 holes on Tuesday (shotgun start at 8:30 a.m.).
Location: Macon, Georgia
Course (Par/Yardage): Brickyard Golf Course; Par 72 | 6,155 Yards
The Field (13): Mercer (host), Central Florida, Charlotte, Chattanooga, ETSU, Florida Gulf Coast, Kennesaw State, North Florida, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Sacramento State, UTSA, Troy
Notre Dame Lineup: Isabella DiLisio (1), Emma Albrecht (2), Mia Ayer (3), Abby Heck (4) and Claire Albrecht (5).
Live Scoring: Golfstat
Career Best Rounds (most recent occurrence listed)
- Emma Albrecht: 67 (third round of the 2018 NCAA Madison Regional at the University Ridge Golf Course)
- Isabella DiLisio: 67 (second round of the 2017 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
- Maddie Rose Hamilton: 65 (second round of the 2017 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
- Mia Ayer: 71 (third round of the 2018 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
- Abby Heck: 68 (first round of the 2019 Moon Golf Invitational)
- Claire Albrecht: 72 (third round of the 2018 Minnesota Invitational at the Prestwick Golf Club)