NOTRE DAME, Ind. — The Irish take their 4-0 conference mark on the road this weekend against Wake Forest and Duke. Notre Dame takes on the Demon Deacons on Friday, October 11th at 6 p.m. before meeting Duke on Sunday, October 13th at 3 p.m. Friday’s match will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra and Sunday’s contest will be televised on ACC Network.
NOTRE DAME at WAKE FOREST & DUKE
Location: Notre Dame, Ind. – Purcell Pavilion | Buy Tickets
How To Watch: ACC Network Extra | ACC Network
Live Stats: Live Stats (Wake Forest) | Live Stats (Duke)
Twitter Updates: @NDVolleyball
Game Notes: Wake Forest & Duke
HISTORY VS. WAKE FOREST
Friday will be the ninth meeting between Notre Dame and Wake Forest with the Irish holding a 5-3 advantage. The Irish have topped the Demon Deacons in four consecutive matvhs, including a four-set victory last season on October 5th. The Irish have also won their last two matches against Wake Forest in Winston-Salem.
HISTORY VS. DUKE
The Irish and Blue Devils will be squaring off for the 17th time on Sunday with Duke having a 9-7 edge in the series.
WELCOME TO BLOCKTOBER
The Irish have totaled 144.5 team blocks this season, which ranks second in the ACC, and are currently out-blocking their opponents by a +44 margin. Graduate student Kristin Baer ranks fourth in the ACC with 69 total blocks entering this weekend while sophomore Lauren Wenzel ranks eighth in the ACC with 57 blocks.
Notre Dame is off to its second-best start in ACC play with a 4-0 record. A pair of wins this weekend would match the 2016 Irish squad for the best start in ACC play at 6-0.
DIGGING THE VIBE
Notre Dame leads the conference with an average of 15.79 digs per set. The Irish have earned 70+ digs in four matches so far in 2019, including a 79-dig effort in a five-set victory over Michigan on September 18th.
- 40 – Irish Volleyball is in the midst of its 40th season of competition at the University
- 15.79 – Entering the weekend, the Irish lead the ACC with an average of 15.79 digs per set.
- 10.48 – Zoe Nunez currently ranks third in the conference with an average of 10.48 assists per set. The sophomore has racked up 587 assists, which also ranks third in the ACC, in her first 14 matches of the 2019 season.
- 69 – Graduate student Kristin Baer ranks fourth in the ACC with 69 total blocks entering this week while sophomore Lauren Wenzel ranks eighth in the ACC with 57 blocks.
- 144.5 —The Irish have totaled 144.5 team blocks this season. They are currently out-blocking their opponents by a +44 margin.