April 1, 2016
NOTRE DAME, Indiana – The University of Notre Dame football team went through a 22-period practice Friday morning.
It was the seventh practice of spring drills for the Irish. Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly met with the media immediately following practice, while running back Josh Adams, running back Tarean Folston, wide receiver Corey Holmes, linebacker Nyles Morgan, wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown, defensive lineman Andrew Trumbetti and cornerback Nick Watkins chatted later in the afternoon.
Get all the latest information on the team by following NDFootball on Twitter and Facebook and NDFBRecruiting on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at FightingIrish on Twitter and Facebook, as well as The FightingIrish on Instagram.
Notre Dame Pro Day
- The Irish hosted their annual Pro Day Thursday afternoon with 17 draft-eligible athletes participating in front of attendees from 31 NFL teams.
- There were numerous general managers, head coaches, assistant coaches and scouts in attendance at today’s event. The list was highlighted by Detroit Lions head coach Jim Caldwell, Detroit Lions general manager Bob Quinn, Detroit Lions director of player personnel Kyle O’Brien, Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Mularkey, Tennessee Titans general manager Jon Robinson, Indianapolis Colts general manager Ryan Grigson, Cleveland Browns vice president of player personnel Andrew Berry and Miami Dolphins director of player personnel Joe Schoen.
- Recap, results, notes and photos are available here.
- John Heisler, who has been part of the Fighting Irish athletics communications team since 1978, wrote a great piece about Grace’s journey to Pro Day.
The Blue-Gold Game
- The Blue-Gold game, presented by Boling Vision Center, will kick off at 12:30 p.m. EDT on Saturday, April 16, 2016, at Notre Dame Stadium. It’s a great opportunity to get a sneak peek at the 2016 Fighting Irish football squad. Gates will open at 11:30 a.m. EDT.
- Proceeds from the Blue-Gold game will help support the scholarship fund of the Notre Dame Club of St. Joseph Valley.
Notre Dame Football Coaches Clinic
- Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly and the Fighting Irish coaching staff is slated to host the 2016 University of Notre Dame Football Coaches Clinic from April 14-16. The clinic features former Irish football coach Lou Holtz, Oklahoma University head coach Bob Stoops, Youngstown State University head coach Bo Pelini, Chicago Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio and former University of Minnesota head coach Jerry Kill.
- In addition to the various presentations, participants will get an exclusive look at the 2016 Irish football team as the squad practices twice during the clinic. Coaches’ socials both Thursday and Friday evenings, and a hosted dinner on Friday are all included. Vendors and exhibitors from around the country will also showcase football-related products.
- Registration is now available here. The clinic is $65 per individual coach or $50 per coach for groups of at least six coaches who pre-register. Walk-up registration is $80.
— ND —