NOTRE DAME, Indiana — The University of Notre Dame women’s soccer team is back in the NCAA Championship and will face a familiar foe in the first round. The Irish are slated for a rematch against the Saint Louis Billikens Sunday afternoon at Alumni Stadium for their 26th appearance all-time in the NCAA Championship. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. and the game will be broadcast on the ACC Network Extra.
Know the Opponent: Saint Louis Billikens
- The Irish and Billikens opened the 2019 season at Alumni Stadium on Aug. 22 with the Irish coming out on top, 1-0. Sammi Fisher converted from the spot in the 77th minute to lift the Irish to a season-opening victory.
- The win propelled the Irish on a six-game winning streak to begin the season and the Billikens carry a streak of their own into Sunday’s matchup.
- Saint Louis is riding a 16-game unbeaten streak (14-0-2) and have not lost a game since Sept. 8.
- The Billikens captured their second-consecutive Atlantic-10 regular season and conference title this season and it will be their fourth overall trip to the NCAA Tournament.
Irish In The NCAA’s
- Notre Dame returns to the NCAA Championship for the 26th time in the last 27 years this year after a 10-7-2 regular season and a berth in the ACC Tournament.
- The Irish are 68-21-3 all-time in the NCAA Championship and have won three national titles (1995, 2004, 2010) while making 12 appearances in the College Cup.
- Notre Dame has hosted 52 games in the NCAA Championship over its 25 appearances and the Irish are 48-3-1 in those games.
- The Irish are undefeated in their last 31 home tournament games (30-0-1) and have not lost a game at home in the NCAA’s since 2004.
Irish Facts and Figures
- Juniors Sammi Fisher and Eva Hurm were both named to the All-ACC third team by the league’s coaches at the end of the regular season.
- Hurm was also named to the CoSIDA Academic All-District first team while Shannon Hendricks and Brooke Littman earned second team honors.
- Fisher leads the team with 16 points and six goals on the year.
- Fisher scored her team-leading sixth goal in the first half of the season-finale win over Wake Forest.
- Fisher notched her first career hat trick in the 3-0 win over Miami. It was Notre Dame’s first hat trick since 2013 when Cari Roccaro scored three against No. 21 Maryland.
- Fisher tied a Notre Dame record for most goals in a half when she scored all three in the second half. Fisher’s goals all came in a span of 11:58 minutes of game time.
- 11 different players have scored so far this season after only eight different players scored during the entire 2018 campaign. Bea Franklin scored her first career goal in the second half in the win against Wake Forest.
- The Irish have four players that have tallied a brace so far this season. Eva Hurm and Luisa Delgado scored twice against Northwestern and Autumn Smithers scored both goals against Western Michigan. Kiki Van Zanten was the latest Irish to tally a brace in the win over Pitt.
- Tickets are currently on sale now for Sunday’s matchup against Saint Louis.
- Tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for youths (ages 3-18).
- Notre Dame students and athletic staff will be able to attend for free as long as they present their ID to the ticket window outside Alumni Stadium.
- Fans can purchase tickets online at the link here or at the ticket window outside Alumni Stadium on game day.