NOTRE DAME, Ind. — Notre Dame (16-6, 9-3 ACC) heads to The Sunshine State this weekend to take on ACC foes Florida State and Miami. The Irish meet the Seminoles on Friday, November 8th at 6:30 p.m. before facing the Hurricanes on Sunday, November 10th at 1 p.m. Both matches will be streamed live via ACC Network Extra.
NOTRE DAME at FLORIDA STATE & MIAMI
Location: Tallahassee, Fla. & Miami, Fla.
How To Watch: ACCN Extra (Florida State) | ACCN Extra (Miami)
Live Stats: Live Stats (Florida State) | Live Stats (Miami)
Twitter Updates: @NDVolleyball
Game Notes: Florida State & Miami
HISTORY VS. FLORIDA STATE
Friday will be the 17th time the Irish and Seminoles square off with Florida State holding a 12-4 edge in the series. After Notre Dame downed Florida State in two matches in 2017, the Seminoles responded with a pair of victories over the Irish a season ago.
HISTORY VS. MIAMI
Sunday marks the 15th matchup between the Irish and Hurricanes. Notre Dame holds an 8-6 edge in the all-time series, and has defeated Miami in two straight matches. Last season, the Irish swept the Hurricanes inside Purcell Pavilion on November 4th, 2018.
DIGGING THE VIBE
Notre Dame leads the conference with an average of 15.52 digs per set. The Irish have earned 70+ digs in six matches so far in 2019, including a 79-dig effort in a five-set victory over Michigan on September 18th. Junior Madison Cruzado earned a career-high 27 digs in a five-set match vs. Louisville on October 16th.
The Irish rank third in the ACC with an opponent hitting percentage of .182. They have kept their opponents under .200 in eight of 12 ACC contests, including a .022 mark by Virginia on October 27th.
AMONG THE LEADERS
Entering the weekend, a number of Irish see themselves ranked in the top-10 in various statistical categories in the ACC. Zoe Nunez ranks second with 917 total assists and fourth with an average of 10.42 assists per set. Kristin Baer ranks fifth with 97 total blocks, Madison Cruzado ranks fifth with 176 total digs and Charley Niego ranks fifth with 294 total kills.
- 40 – Irish Volleyball is in the midst of its 40th season of competition at the University.
- 15.52 – Entering the week, the Irish lead the ACC with an average of 15.52 digs per set.
- 917 – Zoe Nunez currently ranks second in the conference with 917 total assists. The sophomore also stands second in the ACC with an average of 10.42 assists per set.
- 97 – Graduate student Kristin Baer ranks fifth in the ACC with 97 total blocks entering this weekend.
- 294 — Sophomore Charley Niego ranks fifth in the conference with 294 total kills. In last Sunday’s five-set win at Boston College, Niego recorded season-highs with 22 kills and a hitting percentage of .310.
- 176 — Junior Madison Cruzado has notched 176 digs this season, which ranks fifth in the ACC.
- 208 —The Irish have totaled 208 team blocks this season. They are currently out-blocking their opponents by a +43.5 margin.