NOTRE DAME, Ind. — Notre Dame (14-4, 7-1 ACC) returns to Purcell Pavilion for a pair of matches against #3 Pittsburgh and Virginia. The Irish take on the third-ranked Panthers on Friday, October 25th at 7 p.m. before meeting the Cavaliers on Sunday, October 27th at 1 p.m. Both matches will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra.
NOTRE DAME vs. #3 PITT & VIRGINIA
Location: Notre Dame, Ind. – Purcell Pavilion | Buy Tickets
How To Watch: ACCN Extra (Pitt) | ACCN Extra (Virginia)
Live Stats: Live Stats (Pitt) | Live Stats (Virginia)
Twitter Updates: @NDVolleyball
Game Notes: Pitt & Virginia
HISTORY VS. PITT
Friday will be the 37th meeting between the Irish and Panthers with Notre Dame holding a 24-12 advantage in the series.
HISTORY VS. VIRGINIA
Sunday marks the 10th matchup between Notre Dame and Virginia with the Cavaliers holding a 5-4 edge in the series. The Irish have won three consecutive matchups against Virginia dating back to October 6th, 2017. Last season, the Irish picked up a four-set victory over the Cavaliers in Charlottesville.
WELCOME TO BLOCKTOBER
The Irish have totaled 178 team blocks this season, which ranks third in the ACC, and are currently out-blocking their opponents by a +42.5 margin. Graduate student Kristin Baer ranks third in the ACC with 82 total blocks entering this weekend while sophomore Lauren Wenzel ranks 10th in the ACC with 70 blocks.
DIGGING THE VIBE
Notre Dame leads the conference with an average of 15.82 digs per set. The Irish have earned 70+ digs in six matches so far in 2019, including a 79-dig effort in a five-set victory over Michigan on September 18th. Junior Madison Cruzado earned a career-high 27 digs in a five-set match vs. Louisville on October 16th.
- 40 – Irish Volleyball is in the midst of its 40th season of competition at the University.
- 15.82 – Entering the week, the Irish lead the ACC with an average of 15.82 digs per set.
- 10.59 – Zoe Nunez currently ranks third in the conference with an average of 10.59 assists per set. The sophomore has racked up 773 assists, which leads the ACC.
- 82 – Graduate student Kristin Baer ranks third in the ACC with 82 total blocks entering this weekend.
- 32 — Notre Dame has posted 32 wins on its home floor over the past three seasons.
- 178 —The Irish have totaled 178 team blocks this season, which ranks third in the ACC. They are currently out-blocking their opponents by a +42.5 margin.