Oct. 24, 2017
|Notre Dame Stadium||Notre Dame, IN|
|TV: NBC | Radio: IMG College Sports||UND.com/BuyTickets|
|FIGHTING IRISH MEDIA GAMEWEEK CONTENT|
|Notre Dame Notes (PDF)||NC State Notes (PDF)|
|Coach Kelly Press Conference | Transcript||Coach Kelly Post-Practice|
|Coach Kelly Radio Show||Game Week Central|
|Inside Notre Dame Football||Fighting Irish Media Podcasts|
|Players: Adams | Martini | Morgan | Tranquill||Heisler: Some Nifty Numbers|
|On The Field: Kareem|
Countdown To Kickoff
- 515 With 515 rushing yards at Boston College, it marked the third-most by any Irish team in a game since 1969 when they ran for a modern school-record 597 yards against Navy. It was good for a 10.1 yards per rush average, breaking the modern Notre Dame record (10.0) set against Great Lakes in 1942.
- 49 The Irish hung 49 points on Southern Cal in recapturing the Jewelled Shillelagh on Oct. 21. The 49-14 win tied for the second-most points scored by Notre Dame in the storied rivalry, matching a 49-19 win over the Trojans in 1977.
- 14 Before Jay Hayes stuffed UNC RB Jordon Brown in the end zone, it had been 14 seasons since Notre Dame’s last defensive safety. It was last done in 2003 when Justin Tuck drew a holding call in the end zone against Michigan.
- 10 With 10 rushing touchdowns on the season, QB Brandon Wimbush has tied the school record for rushing TDs by a signal caller in one season. He has equaled DeShone Kizer’s 10 rushing TDs in 2015.
- 9 QB Brandon Wimbush ranks ninth nationally in points per game at 18.0. He ranks fifth in the category among non-seniors and would match the school record for points per game in a season set by Brady Quinn in 2006.
- 8 Thanks to the 49-14 win over USC, Notre Dame has won eight straight games coming out of its bye week. The Irish are 9-1 coming off a bye in Brian Kelly’s tenure at Notre Dame.
- 7 RB Josh Adams ranks seventh nationally in rushing yards this year with 967. In addition, his 2,735 career rushing yards rank sixth all-time at Notre Dame and 22nd among active players. Among the nation’s non-seniors, Adams ranks fifth in career rushing yards.
- 6 The Notre Dame offense ranks sixth nationally in rushing yards, averaging 317.9 per game. The Irish rank second in the category among non-option teams, trailing only Arizona’s 342.7 yards per game.
- 5 Notre Dame has won five straight games by 20 points or more. That is the longest streak since the 1996 national title squad won seven straight by at least 20 points before the famous 10-10 tie at Michigan State in that year’s penultimate game. The Irish last won five games by 20 points or more in one season in 2005.
- 4 Notre Dame ranks fourth nationally in turnover margin, having created 17 turnovers while giving the ball up seven times. The Irish have taken advantage, outscoring opponents 94-10 off turnovers this season.
- 3 Running for three TDs against USC, Josh Adams became the first Irish RB with three rushing scores in a game since C.J. Prosise against Navy in 2015. He was the first Irish player to score three rushing TDs in a game against Southern Cal since Reggie Brooks in 1992.
- 2 Notre Dame RB Josh Adams ranks second nationally in yards per carry. His average of 9.21 per rush trails only Stanford’s Bryce Love (10.27) and would break the school record for rushing yards per attempt in a season currently owned by George Gipp at 8.11 (827 yards on 102 carries) in 1920.
- 1 For the first time in school history, Notre Dame had two players eclipse 200 rushing yards in the same game at Boston College. RB Josh Adams went for 234 yards, while QB Brandon Wimbush ran for 213 yards.
- 0 Not a single ticket has remained for a Notre Dame home game since 1973. The Southern Cal game was the 259th consecutive sellout at Notre Dame Stadium. Limited tickets remain for the NC State game, which can be purchased at UND.com/BuyTickets.