The University of Notre Dame track and field program travels to Ann Arbor this weekend for the Power Five Invitational at the U-M Indoor Track. The Invitational is set to start at 3:45 p.m. ET on Friday, Jan. 31 and then resume at 11 a.m. ET on Saturday, Feb. 1.
The Irish will bring a handful of sprinters and hurdlers to the event along with a full field squad to compete in jump and throw events.
BY THE NUMBERS
29 — Events won by Notre Dame over the first three meets of the season.
20 — The Irish men finished the 2018-19 indoor season with a 20th-place finish at the NCAA Indoor Championships.
8 — The Irish women finished in eighth place at the 2019 ACC Indoor Championships.
6 — The Irish men finished in sixth place at the 2019 ACC Indoor Championships.
5 — Colton Crum posted the fifth best height in program history in the pole vault at the GVSU Bill Clinger Classic on Jan. 17 with a mark of 5.21m to win the event.
4 — The total number of ACC Indoor titles Irish student-athletes claimed in 2019: men’s distance medley relay, men’s mile (Yared Nuguse), men’s weight throw (Logan Kusky) and women’s weight throw (Rachel Tanczos).
1 — The finish of Notre Dame’s men’s distance medley relay team, comprised of Edward Cheatham, Sam Voelz, Dylan Jacobs and Yared Nuguse, at the 2019 NCAA Indoor Championships, winning the program’s first NCAA title (also in the DMR) since 2012. The team also won the ACC title in the event.
- The Irish won 11 events last weekend at the Notre Dame Invitational. The men won the meet and the women placed second.
- Notre Dame accounts for five of the top six spots in the ACC for the 3000, led by Peter Monahan’s time of 8:09.41.
- Summer Thorpe has won the 60m hurdle events in all three meets this season and currently ranks fourth in the ACC in the event with a time of 8.34.
- Crum ranks first in the ACC in pole vault entering the weekend with a height of 5.21m.
- Junior Rachel Tanczos shattered her own program-record mark in the weight throw at the Blue & Gold Invitational, tossing a 22.10m and besting her previous personal best of 21.08 set while winning last season’s ACC Championship.
- Senior Logan Kusky is the only thrower in the ACC to record a mark over 21m in the weight throw in the young season, tossing 21.36 to win at the Blue & Gold Invitational.
- Senior Ryan Schweizer got his season off to a good start in December, winning the men’s mile with a time of 4:15.44. This was Schweizer’s first race in two years after missing each of the last two indoor and outdoor track seasons due to injury.