NOTRE DAME, Indiana — The Notre Dame Women’s Tennis team recorded two weekend victories over Ball State and Toledo at the Eck Tennis Pavilion on Friday and Saturday afternoons.
In Friday’s intrastate showdown, the Irish jumped out to a quick, 1-0 lead over the Cardinals behind doubles victories from Corse/Freeman — the 19th ranked duo in the country — as well as Lilien/Andreach and Coleman/Koscielski.
On the heels of her doubles victory, Maeve Koscielski was the first to make her mark in singles play, winning a 6-0, 6-1 decision over Becca Herrington to extend the Irish lead to 2-0. Page Freeman, Julia Lilien, Ally Bojczuk, and Julia Andreach followed quickly behind, all notching victories over their Cardinal counterparts. Cameron Corse clinched the 7-0 sweep for the Irish with a three-set decision over Emma Peeler.
The Irish looked to carry Friday’s momentum into a matchup with Toledo on Saturday afternoon. Lilien and Andreach set the pace early in doubles play, winning a 6-0 decision over the Rockets. Corse and Freeman clinched the doubles point with a 6-0 victory of their own before Coleman and Yellayi earned the third doubles win of the day.
Ally Bojczuk claimed a 6-1, 6-1 decision over Eileen Carney to add to the Irish lead, making it 2-0. Cameron Corse made quick work of Cassie Alcala to give the Irish a three-point lead over the Rockets. Koscielski, Andreach, and Freeman earned solid victories to give the Irish additional points before Julia Lilien’s 6-3, 6-4 win sealed the weekend sweep.
ND 7, Ball State 0
- Cameron Corse (ND) def. Emma Peeler (BSU) 6-4, 2-6, 1-0
- Page Freeman (ND) def. Misha Polishchuk (BSU) 6-2, 6-2
- Ally Bojczuk (ND) def. Jessica Braun (BSU) 6-2, 6-4
- Julia Andreach (ND) def. Anna Kaplan (BSU) 6-1, 7-6
- Maeve Koscielski (ND) def. Becca Herrington (BSU) 6-0, 6-1
- Julia Lilien (ND) def. Emily Desai (BSU) 6-3, 6-2
- Cameron Corse/Page Freeman (ND) def. Emma Peeler/Jessica Braun (BSU) 6-3
- Julia Lilien/Julia Andreach (ND) def. Anna Kaplan/Martha Bocci (BSU) 6-1
- Meghan Coleman/Maeve Koscielski (ND) def. Livia Lukacs/Misha Polishchuk (BSU) 6-1
ND 7, Toledo 0
- Cameron Corse (ND) def. Cassie Alcala (UT) 6-2, 6-2
- Page Freeman (ND) def. Sloane Teske (UT) 6-3, 6-1
- Ally Bojczuk (ND) def. Eileen Carney (UT) 6-1, 6-1
- Julia Andreach (ND) def. Julia Kuszynski (UT) 6-3, 6-2
- Maeve Koscielski (ND) def. Patricia Panta (UT) 6-2, 6-0
- Julia Lilien (ND) def. Shalini Tallamraju (UT) 6-3, 6-4
- Cameron Corse/Page Freeman (ND) def. Julia Kuszynski/Sloane Teske (UT) 6-0
- Julia Lilien/Julia Andreach (ND) def. Patricia Panta/Cassie Alcala (UT) 6-0
- Meghan Coleman/Yashna Yellayi (ND) def. Shalini Tallamraju/Ava McQuillin (UT) 6-1
The Irish will hit continue their homestand, hosting DePaul on Thursday, Feb. 4, at 5:30 p.m. ET.
While fans are unable to attend matches at the Eck Tennis Pavilion due to health and safety protocol, live stats are available at UND.com/mediastats and live streaming is available at UND.com/tennisstream.