NOTRE DAME, Indiana — The University of Notre Dame softball team caps its 2019 regular season when Georgia Tech visits Melissa Cook Stadium for a three-game ACC series this weekend, May 3-5. Prior to Sunday’s finale, head coach Deanna Gumpf and her program will recognize its four seniors — Cait Brooks, MK Bonamy, Ali Wester and Melissa Rochford — for its contributions to Fighting Irish softball.
At Saturday’s game, early arriving fans can collect the third and final set of trading cards with select players available for postgame autographs. In addition to Senior Day, Sunday is also Kids Day and early arriving young fans can receive a mini color-in pennant.
|Georgia Tech Series | Melissa Cook Stadium|
|Friday, May 3rd||Notre Dame vs. Georgia Tech||4 p.m.||Live Stats||Watch|
|Saturday, May 4th||Notre Dame vs. Georgia Tech||2 p.m.||Live Stats||Watch|
|Sunday, May 5th||Notre Dame vs. Georgia Tech||Noon||Live Stats||Watch|
2019 Notes & Numbers
- The Irish have played 13 games this season against teams ranked in the top 25 or receiving votes, with seven games against top-10 opponents (at the time of the game).
- As a team, the Irish rank 15th nationally with a .322 batting average. Oklahoma leads the nation at .366, while Virginia Tech ranks tops in the ACC at .342
- Ali Wester’s 282 career hits rank fourth in the nation among active players, trailing only Oklahoma’s Sydney Romero (298), UIC’s Lexi Watts (286) and Florida’s Amanda Lorenz (283). In the Irish record book, Wester is third in career hits, trailing her sister Karley (323) and Megan Ciolli (284).
- This season, Ali Wester has notched 70 hits, leading the ACC and ranking seventh in the country. .
- Ali Wester has struck out once every 21.1 at-bats this season, making her the toughest hitter in the ACC to strikeout.
- Cait Brooks leads the ACC with 18 home runs on the year. Her total ranks 11th nationally, with Mia Davidson (Mississippi State) leading the country at 25 round-trippers.
- Cait Brooks became the program’s single-seaosn home run leader with her 18th homer at Pitt. She broke the mark of 17 previously held by Laura Winter (2013), Heather Johnson (2010) and Christine Lux (2010).
- In her career, Cait Brooks has connected for 46 home runs, slotting her third on the Notre Dame career home run list. She trails only Christine Lux (50) and Dani Miller (48).
- With 46 career home runs, Cait Brooks is tied for 15th among Division I’s active players. She is one of 17 players in the nation to have eclipsed 45 career round-trippers.
- Cait Brooks leads the ACC in slugging percentage, checking in at a clip of .899. She ranks ninth in the nation in the category.
- Freshman pitcher Payton Tidd ranks third in the ACC with 22 victories. Her 22 wins rank third in the nation among freshman pitchers and she is one of four rookie pitchers to have eclipsed 20 wins on the season.
- Katie Marino’s 1.17 runs per game lead the ACC and rank ninth in the country.