NOTRE DAME, Ind. — The Fighting Irish hockey team will open the 2020-21 season with a two-game home series versus Wisconsin on Friday, November 13 and Saturday, November 14 at the Compton Family Ice Arena.
The Big Ten Conference announced the league’s pre-winter break schedule on Thursday (Nov. 5), including five Notre Dame series.
After hosting the Badgers and then completing final exams, Notre Dame will hit the road for a two-game series at Michigan (Nov. 27-28). The Irish will then play host to Arizona State (Dec. 3-4), Ohio State (Dec 12-13) and Michigan State (Dec. 19-20) before the winter break.
Specific start times, broadcast coverage, attendance policies and the remainder of the schedule will be announced at a later date.
B1G Scheduling Notes
- Each Big Ten team will play a 24-game conference schedule, plus an additional four games per school against Arizona State University hosted at Big Ten venues.
- The 2021 Big Ten Hockey Tournament will return to the one-weekend, single-elimination format used during the first four years of Big Ten hockey and will feature all seven conference teams – Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State and Wisconsin.
- The tournament will be held March 18-20 and will consist of six games (three games on Thursday; two games on Friday; and the championship game on Saturday).
- Big Ten hockey teams will follow the same medical protocols developed by the Big Ten Return to Competition Task Force and announced on Sept. 16, 2020.
- The protocols include daily antigen testing, enhanced cardiac screenings and an enhanced data-driven approach when making decisions about practice/competition.
- Arizona State has agreed to adhere to the same testing protocols as the Big Ten Conference.
— ND —