NOTRE DAME, Ind. — Junior forward Cam Morrison has been named the Big Ten’s Third Star of the Week, the conference announced on Tuesday morning (Dec. 3).
Morrison helped the #5/6 Irish earn three victories in five games last week as the team extended its win streak to six games. He collected an assist in last Tuesday’s (Nov. 23) 2-1 overtime win over Northern Michigan before netting a goal in each of Notre Dame’s triumphs over RPI on Friday and Saturday (Nov. 30 – Dec. 1). Morrison, who had the game winner in game two, also dished out an assist in Saturday’s matchup.
Morrison and the Irish will return to Big Ten play this weekend with a two-game series at ninth-ranked Penn State on Dec. 7-8. Both games will begin at 7:00 p.m. ET. Last season the two teams met five times, with the Irish earning a 4-0-1 record against the Nittany Lions.
BIG TEN STARS OF THE WEEK — Dec. 3
First Star: K’Andre Miller, Fr., D, WIS
Second Star: Drew DeRidder, Fr., G, MSU
Third Star: Cam Morrison, Jr., F, Notre Dame
NOTRE DAME’S 2018-19 WEEKLY B1G HONORS
Cal Burke: Third Star (Oct. 23)
Cale Morris: Third Star (Nov. 6)
Cam Morrison: Third Star (Dec. 3)
Bobby Nardella: First Star (Oct. 23)
Joe Wegwerth: First Star (Oct. 16)
LET’S TAKE THIS OUTSIDE
- Notre Dame and Michigan will meet at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019 in an outdoor game at Notre Dame Stadium.
- The rivals will meet four days following the 2019 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® featuring the Chicago Blackhawks and Boston Bruins, on January 1, 2019.
- Just four months after Notre Dame and Michigan met in a football game at Notre Dame Stadium that saw the Irish post a 24-17 victory, the rivalry will take to the ice in the House That Rockne Built in a game that will be televised by the NBC Sports Network.
- Tickets for the game versus Michigan went on sale beginning on Monday, Nov. 5.
- Visit und.com/buytickets or call 833-ND-IRISH and keep up to date with all ticketing information by following us on Twitter @NDtix.