WHO: #8/8 Notre Dame (7-4-1) vs. Northern Michigan (5-7-0)
WHEN: Tuesday, November 27 – 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Compton Family Ice Arena
WATCH: NBC Sports Chicago+, CSN Mid-Atlantic & SNY
LISTEN: Click here
TICKETS: Click here
THE SERIES VS. NORTHERN MICHIGAN
- The Irish lead the all-time series by a narrow 23-21-8 margin, including going undefeated in their last seven meetings (5-0-2).
- In that seven-game stretch, Notre Dame has outscored the Wildcats 27-11.
- In 52 meetings between the two teams, the Irish hold a 155-151 advantage in goals scored, with the Irish averaging 2.87 goals to Northern Michigan’s 2.80.
- Their last meeting came in the final season of the CCHA where the Irish recorded the weekend sweep on the road, 5-2 and 3-2.
- 303 – In his 14th season, head coach Jeff Jackson now has 303 career wins at Notre Dame (303-181-55). Notre Dame’s all-time wins leader is Lefty Smith (307-320-31).
- 50 – Notre Dame is embarking upon the 50th season of varsity hockey at the University
- 19 – Former Fighting Irish goaltender Cal Petersen, who led Notre Dame to the 2017 Frozen Four, made his NHL debut for Los Angeles on Nov. 13, becoming the 19th player to reach the NHL after skating for Jeff Jackson at Notre Dame.
- 8 – The 2018-19 Irish roster boasts eight players who have been selected in the NHL Draft.
- 7 – With the 2018 Big Ten tournament and regular season titles, Notre Dame has now won even conference championships in program history, each under Jeff Jackson (three regular season)
- 5 – With his shutout against Providence to claim the Ice Breaker Championship on Oct. 13, goaltender Cale Morris boasts five career shutouts with the Irish.
- 4 – Joe Wegwerth is tied for the NCAA lead with four game-winning goals this season (tied with Patrick Newell of St. Cloud State)
- 2 – Against Mercyhurst on Oct. 12, junior Cal Burke notched a third period hat trick — the second of his career. He became the first Irish player since Anders Lee with multiple career hat tricks.
- 1 – The Irish kicked off their 2018-19 season by winning the Ice Breaker Tournament with a 3-0 win over Providence in the championship game.
- Following the weekend sweep at Michigan State, the Irish are 7-4-1 on the season and enter a busy stretch of five games in 12 days beginning with the Tuesday night game versus Northern Michigan.
- Notre Dame has a 3-2-1 non-conference record so far this season.
- Cale Morris stood tall in net last weekend in East Lansing, stopping 55 of the 57 shots he faced en route to the weekend sweep (Nov. 16-17).
- Morris, who has played 10 games this season, boasts a .934 save percentage which ranks 11th in the NCAA (third among goaltenders with at least 10 games played).
- Eleven Irish skaters notched at least a point against Michigan State, including five different goal scorers: Joe Wegwerth, Cam Burke, Graham Slaggert, Colin Theisen and Cal Burke.
- Two players recorded their first career goal in Friday night’s win over the Spartans with Cam Burke tallying the unassisted game winner in the second period before Graham Slaggert netted the final goal of the game, giving the Irish the 3-1 victory over their Big Ten rival.
- Burke’s goal was his first career point while Slaggert now has two (1-1-2).
- Joe Wegwerth is tied for the NCAA lead with four game-winning goals this season (tied with Patrick Newell of St. Cloud State).
- Notre Dame ranks fifth in the nation in team defense, allowing just 1.92 goals per game, which is also the top mark in the Big Ten.
- Notre Dame is 5-1-0 in true road games this season and 6-1-1 away from the Compton Family Ice Arena.
- Over the last two seasons, the Irish are now 16-3-1 in road contests (20-5-2 over the past two seasons in road and neutral site games combined).