Sept. 5, 2017
|Notre Dame Stadium||Notre Dame, IN|
|TV: NBC | Radio: IMG College Sports||Notre Dame Ticket Exchange|
|FIGHTING IRISH MEDIA GAMEWEEK CONTENT|
|Notre Dame Notes (PDF)||Georgia Notes (PDF)|
|Coach Kelly Press Conference Video | Transcript||Coach Kelly Post-Practice Archive|
|Coach Kelly Radio Show Archive||Game Week Central|
McGlinchey | Tranquill | Adams
|Fighting Irish Media Podcasts|
|Pep Rally Moved to Purcell Pavilion||Heisler: Five Things To Know|
Countdown to Kickoff
- 75 Georgia will be the 75th different opponent to visit Notre Dame Stadium (opened 1930). The Irish are 59-14-1 (.804) against first-time visitors to Notre Dame Stadium.
- 33 The Irish scored 33 seconds into the opener against Temple on a 37-yard TD run by Josh Adams. It marked the fastest score to begin a season since 1993 when Pete Bercich returned an interception for a TD on the first play from scrimmage against Northwestern. It marked the fastest offensive score since at least 1963.
- 25 Notre Dame now owns victories in 25 of its last 31 season openers. The Irish have gone on to winning seasons 91.5 percent of the time when they have won the lid-lifter.
- 10 The Irish improved to 10-2 since 1985 when a first-time starting quarterback made his debut start at Notre Dame Stadium. All told, the Irish have won six straight games with a first-time starter at QB and are 18-6 in starting debuts since ’85.
- 9 Since the dawn of the AP poll in 1936, nine teams which were ranked at the time of the game have lost in their first visit to Notre Dame Stadium. In five of those games, Notre Dame was the lower-ranked team.
- 8 QB Brandon Wimbush scored his first TD of the year on an eight-yard run in the first quarter. It marked his second career touchdown following a 58-yard TD run against UMass in 2015. He went on to throw his first career TD pass later in the opening quarter.
- 7 Notre Dame has seven regular-season home games on the schedule for the first time since 2010. It marks the first time since the 2011 campaign without an official Shamrock Series game and the first time since 2007 Notre Dame will not play a single neutral-site game.
- 6 RB Josh Adams eclipsed the 100-yard mark on his sixth carry of the day. It equals the fewest rushes for the junior to reach the 100-yard plateau, matching the 2015 Wake Forest game when his sixth run was a 98-yard TD scamper.
- 5 The Irish ran for five of their seven touchdowns in the opener against Temple. It was part of 422 yards on the ground, the most since the UMass game in 2015 (457). The last time Notre Dame ran for over 300 yards in an opener was in 1999 (363 vs. Kansas).
- 4 QB Brandon Wimbush became just the fourth Irish QB since 1985 to be responsible for three or more TDs in his first start. Wimbush threw for two while rushing for one, becoming the first since current Notre Dame QB coach Tom Rees had three passing TDs against Utah in 2010. Matt LoVecchio and Ron Powlus are the other signal callers on the list.
- 3 Three Notre Dame players went for over 100 yards on the ground against Temple. RBs Josh Adams (161) and Dexter Williams (124) along with QB Brandon Wimbush (106) are believed to be the first Irish trio to reach the mark in one game. Records show the feat has not happened since at least 1954.
- 2 The Irish defensive line recorded two sacks against Temple (one each by Daelin Hayes and Julian Okwara). The defensive line recorded just three sacks a season ago.
- 1 Senior TE Nic Weishar grabbed the first TD catch of his career in the first quarter against Temple. Weishar was one of five tight ends to see action, along with Durham Smythe, AlizÃƒÆ’Â© Mack, Cole Kmet and Brock Wright. Weishar, Smythe and Mack were all targeted, combining for seven catches for 71 yards and a score.
- 0 Notre Dame has not had an empty seat for a home game since 1973. The 256-game sellout streak is the second-longest in NCAA history. Upcoming home games with Georgia, Miami (Ohio) and Southern Cal are already sold out.