Notre Dame Launches Warren Golf Course Website
Site includes course map, photos and updates on construction progress.
June 7, 1999
The University of Notre Dame Athletic Department, in conjunction with its netcasting partner FANSonly, will be unveiling a new feature today on the official Notre Dame athletic website. The site, linked via the main page at www.und.com, will provide updated information and photographs of the Warren Golf Course-a highly-anticipated on-campus facility that is scheduled to open in August/September of 1999.
The Warren Golf Course was designed by the architectural team of Coore and Crenshaw, which is co-owned by professional golfing legend Ben Crenshaw.
“We are very excited about making this website available to the public,” said Brian Godfrey, who was hired as course manager of the Notre Dame golf courses in October of 1998. “The site will provide many glimpses of the course’s classic — and often unique — design while also giving viewers a perspective of the progress that has been made during the past few months.”
The Warren Golf Course website includes the following elements and will be updated throughout the summer of 1999:
· A full-color course map, with links to multiple photos from each hole. The photos of each hole are accompanied by the respective hole’s layout, par and yardage-plus detailed captions for each photo.
· A course photo gallery, including 40-plus photos of all 18 holes, plus the clubhouse, driving range and other surrounding areas and facilities. These photos are provided in a “slide-table” format and can be viewed on a larger scale by simply clicking on the desired image.
· Complete information about the Warren Golf Course and its designers.
· Updated press releases detailing the progress of the summer construction.
· Biographical information on course manager Brian Godfrey and other employees of the Warren Golf Course.
· A possible video tour of the course (planned for release later in the summer).
The concept of the Warren Golf Course website was created by Notre Dame sports information assistant Pete LaFleur, who serves as the SID for the Irish men’s and women’s golf teams. Godfrey served as a consultant in the development of the website’s content.
FANSonly, a subsidiary of University Netcasting, operates the official Notre Dame athletic website.
All photos on the site were taken by LaFleur and Godfrey, in time frames ranging from October of 1998 to May of 1999. Further photos will be added to the site in July and August.