March 17, 2009
2008-09 Notre Dame Men’s Basketball
Notre Dame vs. UAB
National Invitation Tournament
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 * Joyce Center * Notre Dame, Ind.
- Tonight was the first-ever meeting between Notre Dame and UAB.
- With the win, the Fighting Irish upped their home record to 13-3 this season.
- Notre Dame has won 35 straight against non-conference opponents at the Joyce Center since suffering a 71-67 setback to Michigan on Dec. 3, 2005.
- With his 22 points and 10 rebounds, Luke Harangody notched his 22nd double-double of the season. That mark ranks in a tie for fourth (Ryan Humphrey 2001-02) all-time in Irish history for double-doubles in a single season.
- Tonight also marked Luke Harangody’s 47th career double-double. That total ranks fourth all-time in Fighting Irish history.
- Luke Harangody has reached the 20-point plateau in 23 of 31 games played this season. That figure ranks sixth in school history for a single season. His 44 career games with 20 or more points rank eighth in program history.
- Notre Dame has made a three-pointer in 334 straight games, a mark that dates back to the 1998-99 campaign. The Irish went 8-20 from three-point range against UAB on Tuesday night.
- This is the 10th straight year that Notre Dame has played in the postseason (five NCAA, five NIT). That’s the longest postseason run in program history.
- Notre Dame is making its 11th overall appearance in the NIT and the first since 2006. The Irish are now 24-10 all-time in NIT games and 4-3 under head coach Mike Brey.
- The Irish are 9-8 in postseason games under Mike Brey.
- Notre Dame is 16-1 this season when leading at halftime.
- The Fighting Irish are 5-3 all-time when playing on St. Patrick’s Day.