April 9, 2008
- There will be two 30-minute halves with a running clock.
- Clock stoppages will occur only due to injuries or timeouts.
- Normal clock rules will apply to the last two minutes of each half.
- Each team will be allowed three timeouts per half.
- Halftime will last 20 minutes.
- A coin toss will occur Wednesday, April 16 to determine jersey color, sidelines and locker room for the offense and defense.
- There will be a ceremonial coin toss at the beginning of the Blue-Gold game to determine which end zone the defense will defend.
- Players in red jerseys must be tagged off with two hands to be down. All other players are live.
- Each possession to start a half, following a score or after a defensive stop will begin on the 35-yardline. If the ball is punted, then the drive will begin from the spot of the return.
- There will not be any kickoffs.
- A scoring point system will determine the winner of the game.
|1st Down||1 point|
(10-yard rush/20-yard pass)
|Field Goal||3 points|
|Extra Point||1 point|
|2-point Conversion||2 points|
|Blocked Punt||3 points|
|Defensive Stop||2 points|
|3 and Out||3 points|
|Missed Field Goal||3 points|
|Turnover for Touchdown||10 points|
|Missed Extra Point||1 point|
|Missed 2-point Conversion||2 points|
|Blocked Field Goal||3 points|