WHO: #6/7 Notre Dame (5-0) vs. #24/23 Virginia Tech (3-1, 2-0 ACC)
WHEN: Saturday, Oct. 6 | 8 p.m. ET
WHERE: Lane Stadium | Blacksburg, VA
WATCH: ABC (Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit & Maria Taylor) | WatchESPN
LISTEN: Notre Dame Radio Network (Paul Burmeister, Ryan Harris & Jack Nolan) | 101.5 FM & 960 AM (South Bend) | SiriusXM 129 | Find Your Station
- Notre Dame gained 550 yards of total offense last Saturday in the 38-17 win over Stanford. The Irish accumulated 278 yards passing and 272 net yards rushing against the Cardinal.
- Dexter Williams rumbled for a career-high 161 yards on 21 carries in his season debut last Saturday against Stanford. Williams scored on a 45-yard touchdown run on his first touch of 2018.
- Notre Dame limited Stanford to 31 yards of total offense in the second half, which included -13 yards in the fourth quarter alone.
- Justin Yoon sits just 10 field goals shy of breaking the Notre Dame career field goals record held by Kyle Brindza. Yoon has connected on 48 career field goals entering Saturday’s game at Virginia Tech.
- Ian Book became the fifth Notre Dame quarterback since 2005 to account for nine total touchdowns (passing and rushing) over consecutive starts with four touchdown passes against Stanford.
- Ian Book (Davey O’Brien) and Tyler Newsome (Ray Guy) were each named to “Great 8” award lists in their respective position group in recognition of strong performances against Stanford.
- Notre Dame won for the seventh time when entering a top-10 matchup at Notre Dame Stadium as the team with the lower ranking after the No. 8 Irish dispatched of No. 7 Stanford last weekend.
- Notre Dame accounted for a total of six rushing touchdowns during a 56-27 offensive onslaught at Wake Forest on Sept. 22.
- Notre Dame now holds all five of the competitive trophies (Frank Leahy Bowl-Boston College, Megaphone Trophy-Michigan State, Shillelagh Trophy-Purdue, Legends Trophy-Stanford, Jeweled Shillelagh-USC) for the first time since 2012.
- Jerry Tillery equaled a Notre Dame program record with four solo sacks in the win over Stanford, earning Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the Week honors.
- Notre Dame is off to its third 5-0 start under head coach Brian Kelly in the last nine seasons (2012*, 2014 and 2018).
- Notre Dame is the only team in FBS football to earn two victories over opponents ranked in the national top 15 after five weeks (No. 7 Stanford, No. 14 Michigan).
- Notre Dame makes its first trip to Blacksburg and Lane Stadium for Saturday’s matchup with Virginia Tech. It is just the second meeting overall between the teams on the gridiron.