WHO: #3/3 Notre Dame (8-0) vs. Northwestern (5-3, 5-1 Big Ten)
WHEN: Saturday, Nov. 3 | 7:15 p.m. ET/6:15 p.m. CT
WHERE: Ryan Field | Evanston, IL
WATCH: ESPN (Sean McDonough, Todd Blackledge & Holly Rowe) | WatchESPN
LISTEN: Notre Dame Radio Network (Paul Burmeister, Ryan Harris & Jack Nolan) | 101.5 FM & 960 AM (South Bend) | SiriusXM 129 | Find Your Station | Online via Radio.com
- 5,139 The estimated number of round-trip miles the Irish will travel to Evanston (Northwestern), Newark (Syracuse) and Los Angeles (USC) by plane and by bus for remaining 2018 road trips.
- 1889 Notre Dame and Northwestern first met on the gridiron during the 1889 season. The series trails only Michigan (1887) for the longest in terms of years in Irish football history.
- 76.5 Ian Book ranks first among all quarterbacks in the FBS this season with a 76.5 completion percentage over his six games played under center.
- 10th 2018 marks the 10th season that Notre Dame has begun a campaign 8-0 in the last 68 years. Irish teams that opened 8-0 in that span have won three national titles (1966, 1973 and 1988).
- 9 Nine different Notre Dame receivers combined to catch a total of 27 passes for 330 yards and two touchdowns in the 44-22 Irish win over Navy last Saturday in San Diego.
- 8 Of Te’von Coney’s team-high 14 tackles against the vaunted Navy rushing attack last week, eight of his stops were solo tackles.
- 7 Justin Yoon sits just seven field goals shy of breaking the Notre Dame career field goals record held by Kyle Brindza. Yoon has connected on 51 career field goals entering Saturday’s game at Northwestern in Evanston.
- 6 Notre Dame, Alabama and Clemson are the only undefeated teams remaining in the FBS that have each recorded at least six wins over teams from Power Five conferences (ACC, SEC, Big 12, Big Ten and Pac-12).
- 5 Ian Book completed his first five passes against Navy to run his total passes completed streak to 15 straight dating back to the end of the Pittsburgh game on Oct. 13, the second-longest streak by an Irish quarterback.
- 4 Notre Dame is one of four remaining undefeated teams in the FBS after the first nine weeks of the 2018 season.
- 3 Notre Dame is the only team in FBS football with three rushing touchdowns in excess of 90 yards since 2015.
- 2 Notre Dame and Alabama are the only remaining undefeated teams that have exclusively played FBS competition through nine weeks of the 2018 season.
- 1 Saturday’s game will be the first meeting at Ryan Field between Notre Dame and Northwestern since Sept. 25, 1976, in what was ultimately a 48-0 win for the Irish.