WHO: #14/14 Michigan (0-0) vs. #12/11 Notre Dame (0-0)
WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 1 | 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Notre Dame Stadium | Notre Dame, IN
WATCH: NBC (Mike Tirico, Doug Flutie & Kathryn Tappen) | NBCSports.com | NBC Sports Live Extra App
LISTEN: Notre Dame Radio Network (Paul Burmeister, Ryan Harris & Jack Nolan) | 101.5 FM & 960 AM (South Bend) | SiriusXM 129 | Find Your Station
- Notre Dame and Michigan will collide for the 43rd time in series history, and for the 18th time at Notre Dame Stadium.
- Cornerback Julian Love set a Notre Dame single-season record with 20 total pass breakups in 2017, shattering the previous record of 13 that was set by Clarence Ellis in 1969.
- Quarterback Brandon Wimbush scored 14 rushing touchdowns in 2017 to establish a Notre Dame record for most scores on the ground by a quarterback in a single season.
- Notre Dame won 10 or more games for the second time in three seasons in 2017, culminating with a victory over LSU in the 2018 Citrus Bowl. The Irish have surpassed the 10-win plateau 18 times in program history, including three times under Brian Kelly.*
- The Notre Dame defense limited opponents to nine rushing touchdowns last season, and conversely scored 35 touchdowns on the ground on offense in 2017.
- Notre Dame registered eight touchdowns from scrimmage that covered 50 yards or more in 2017. Interestingly only two of those touchdowns were by pass, and both were scoring tosses to Miles Boykin (54 yards against Miami (Ohio), 55 yards to win the Citrus Bowl against LSU).
- Seven different Notre Dame defensive players logged at least one interception to aid the Irish cause in 2017. Julian Love ran back two of his three interceptions for touchdowns, covering 59 yards at Michigan State and 69 yards against NC State.
- Six different Notre Dame defenders who notched at least 2.0 sacks last season return to the Irish roster in 2018.
- Notre Dame scored 40 or more points on five different occasions in 2017 (49 against Temple, 49 against Boston College, 52 against Miami (Ohio), 49 against No. 11 USC and 48 against Wake Forest).
- Notre Dame rushed for at least 350 yards as a team during four different wins in 2017 (422 against Temple, 515 against Boston College, 377 against No. 11 USC and 380 against Wake Forest).
- A total of three Notre Dame wins during the 2017 season were by 30 or more points (49-16 over Temple, 52-17 over Miami (Ohio) and 49-14 over No. 11 USC).
- The total yards lost by Tony Jones Jr. in his 44 rushing attempts in 2017. Jones finished the season averaging 5.3 yards per carry and scored three touchdowns on the ground.
- Notre Dame and Michigan met in what was the first official night game to ever be held inside Notre Dame Stadium on Sept. 18, 1982. The Irish defeated the Wolverines in that game by a 23-17 final score.
- Notre Dame has not had an empty seat for a home game since 1973. The 262-game sellout streak is the second-longest in NCAA history.