MACON, Ga. — The final round of the 2019 Brickyard Collegiate has been canceled due to inclement weather. With Monday’s results now considered final, the University of Notre Dame’s women’s golf team tied for 12th at the Brickyard Golf Course (par 72/6,155 yards).
Battling some adverse conditions, including a lighting delay, the Irish shot a 308 in Monday morning’s opening round and followed with an afternoon 304 (308-304=612).
Emma Albrecht led the team after two rounds and tied for 40th (78-74=152), followed by Abby Heck (74-80=154). Heck’s first round 74 along with Emma Albrecht’s and Isabella DiLisio’s second round 74’s were Notre Dame’s best rounds of the tournament. Albrecht played her final 11 holes of the day at a one-under par clip, while DiLisio carded a three-under par 33 on her second back nine of the day.
Both Mia Ayer (75-80=155) and Claire Albrecht (81-76=157) saw both of their rounds count for the Irish as well.
The hosts from Mercer (284-293=577) won the tournament, followed by Charlotte (287-291=578) and East Tennessee State (290-292=582) in first and second place, respectively.
The Fighting Irish will take part in the 2019 ACC Championship at Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, North Carolina, April 18-20, 2019 with April 17 serving as the practice round day.
Career Best Rounds (most recent occurrence listed)
- Emma Albrecht: 67 (third round of the 2018 NCAA Madison Regional at the University Ridge Golf Course)
- Isabella DiLisio: 67 (second round of the 2017 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
- Maddie Rose Hamilton: 65 (second round of the 2017 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
- Mia Ayer: 71 (third round of the 2018 Schooner Fall Classic at the Belmar Golf Club)
- Abby Heck: 68 (first round of the 2019 Moon Golf Invitational)
- Claire Albrecht: 72 (third round of the 2018 Minnesota Invitational at the Prestwick Golf Club)