Feb. 4, 2015
- Signing Day Central
- Irish Extra: Shamrock Soldiers
- Irish Extra: Signing Day a Culmination of Long Irish Process
- Irish Extra: A Notre Dame Football Signing Day Diary
- Brian Kelly Transcript
NOTRE DAME, Ind. – The University of Notre Dame football roster will increase by 24 student-athletes for the 2015 season.
Twenty of those individuals today signed national letters of intent–while four others enrolled at the University last month, began taking classes and will take part in Irish spring football drills.
The 24 new additions represent 13 states –four from Indiana, three from Illinois, Ohio, two from California, Florida, Nevada and Louisiana, plus one each from Texas, Pennsylvania, Idaho, Maryland, New Jersey and Tennessee.
As listed by group, Notre Dame adds 10 skill players, seven power players, six big skill players and one specialist. As listed by position, Notre Dame adds five defensive backs, five defensive linemen, four wide receivers, three linebackers, two running backs, two offensive linemen, one quarterback, one tight end and one kicker.
Four of the 24 players–offensive lineman Tristen Hoge, linebacker Te’von Coney, and defensive linemen Jerry Tillery and Micah Dew-Treadway–enrolled at the University in January and are taking classes. They will participate in Notre Dame’s spring football practices that begin March 2. The other 20 players have signed national letters of intent and will arrive on campus by June for the start of summer school.
Among the 24 players who will be freshmen for the Irish this fall are:
- Three who were selected to the Parade prep All-America squad–OL Tristen Hoge (first team), QB Brandon Wimbush (honorable mention) and LB Asmar Bilal (honorable mention)
- Six who were selected for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio: LB Josh Barajas, Bilal, DB Nicco Fertitta, Hoge, TE AlizÃƒÆ’Â© Jones and DL Jerry Tillery
- Five who were selected for the Under Armour All-America Game in St. Petersburg, Florida: Wimbush, WR Equanimeous St. Brown, DB Shaun Crawford, LB Te’von Coney and K Justin Yoon
- Five who played in the Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl in Los Angeles: DL Bo Wallace, WR Miles Boykin, DL Micah Dew-Treadway, WR C.J. Sanders and DL Brandon Tiassum
- Two members of the USA Today All-America team: Hoge (first team) and Jones (first team)
- Five members of the MaxPreps All-America team: Jones (first team), Hoge (first team), Wimbush (first team), Tillery (second team) and Bilal (second team)
- Nineteen members of the Tom Lemming Top 300: Jones (41st), St. Brown (71st), Hoge (75th), Crawford (85th), Boykin (86th), Barajas (93rd), Wimbush (121st), Wallace (129th), Coney (187th), DL Elijah Taylor (206th), Tillery (225th), Sanders (248th), OL Trevor Ruhland (267th), Tiassum (272nd), Bilal (276th), Dew-Treadway (281st), RB Josh Adams (290th), Fertitta (295th) and RB Dexter Williams (300th)
- Fourteen members of the Scout.com Top 300: Jones (32nd), Hoge (48th), Barajas (51st), Wimbush (71st), Bilal (87th), Williams (114th), Crawford (116th), Boykin (161st), Adams (199th), Taylor (203rd), St. Brown (207th), Tillery (213th), Wallace (261st) and Sanders (268th)
- Twelve members of the Rivals.com 250: Wimbush (60th), Crawford (82nd), Coney (118th), Williams (120th), Jones (133rd), St. Brown (144th), Tillery (145th), Hoge (150th), Boykin (156th), Barajas (180th), DB Mykelti Williams (237th) and Bilal (246th)
- Nine members of the ESPN 300: Wimbush (45th), Jones (52nd), St. Brown (63rd), Williams (78th), Hoge (131st), Crawford (169th), Tillery (280th), Ruhland (288th) and Coney (295th)
- Nine members of the 247Sports Top 247: Wimbush (45th), Jones (62nd), Hoge (89th), Crawford (113th), Barajas (137th), Tiller (158th), St. Brown (160th), Bilal (184th) and Boykin (196th)