Jan. 10, 2003
NOTRE DAME, Ind. – Interested in waking up the echoes?
Global Football, in conjunction with the University of Notre Dame Monogram Club, gives you that chance with the introduction of Notre Dame Football Fantasy Camp.
This camp enables individuals to live out their childhood football fantasies as adults. Participants will learn from former Notre Dame coaches and meet current staff members, receive tips from former Irish football stars and run, throw and catch like real Notre Dame athletes.
Camp dates are Wednesday, July 2, through Sunday, July 6, 2003 (five days, four nights). Participation is open to the first 50 players and 10 honorary coaches who register (participation is limited to adults 21 years of age and older).
The Notre Dame Football Fantasy Camp will allow participants to experience a personal and active association with the University of Notre Dame and the Fighting Irish football program, with the dream weekend to include:
- On-field workout sessions.
- Instruction by former Irish coaches and players.
- Video sessions with former coaches.
- Motivational speakers.
- Physical testing and evaluations.
- Team meals at the Joyce Center Monogram Room, College Football Hall of Fame and South Dining Hall.
- Awards banquet.
- Fantasy non-contact football game with all campers/participants.
- Authentic Notre Dame game and practice apparel.
- Souvenir photos and video of the experience.
- Golf tournament.
- Local hotel and transportation.
Total cost with single accommodations is $3,590 per participant. A reduced rate for participants who select double occupancy accommodations is being negotiated. A portion of the proceeds goes to the Notre Dame Monogram Club.
Notre Dame Football Fantasy Camp was created by former Fighting Irish quarterback Patrick Steenberge, who played under coach Ara Parseghian and earned letters in 1970 and ’71. Steenberge is now president of Global Football and has organized more than 50 football events in 15 different countries in the past decade.