Jan. 9, 2015
While the University of Notre Dame is experiencing significant growth with several ongoing construction projects, including Campus Crossroads (www.crossroads.nd.edu), please be sure to give yourself extra travel time when attending athletic events on campus. In addition, please review the following information to assist in your game day experience planning:
- Once the lots south of the Joyce Center are full, fans attending Notre Dame athletics events (men’s & women’s basketball and hockey) will be directed to nearby lots: Innovation Park (Angela Road, south of Compton Family Ice Arena), Library (corner of Leahy Drive and Bulla Road), Wellness Center (corner of Bulla Road and Wilson Drive) and Bulla (Bulla Road west of intersection with North Twyckenham Drive).
- Those attending hockey games are encouraged to park at Innovation Park or at the Eddy Street Commons Parking Garage during days where multiple events are taking place.
- Once these parking options are full, fans attending the events will be directed to other available parking lots nearby.
- Members of the Notre Dame Parking Services staff will be on hand in all available parking lots.
- Off-campus paid parking is available in the Eddy Street garage, located within Eddy Street Commons across Angela Road from the Notre Dame campus (an estimated 5-10-minute walk to Notre Dame’s athletics facilities) — the first two hours in the garage are free, followed by incremental charges per vehicle (2-3 hours – $2; 3-4 hours – $4; 4-5 hours – $6; 5-8 hours – $8; 8-24 hours – $10).
- Shuttle buses will run from all parking lots starting 2 hours before event start times and will run continuously until 1 hour following a game
- The shuttles will originate in the Bulla Lot, turn west on Bulla Road, then south on Leahy Drive before proceeding to the Innovation Park Lot. The shuttles then will turn around in the Innovation Park Lot and drive north along the same route back to the Bulla Lot.
- The shuttles will stop at the following locations along their routes:
- Bulla Lot
- Corner of Bulla Road and Leahy Drive (for Wellness & Library Lot)
- Corner of Leahy Drive and Moose Krause Circle (near Gate 8 of Purcell Pavilion)
- East side of Compton Family Ice Arena
- Innovation Park Lot
In addition, signage will be posted in all parking lots, shuttle stops and other adjacent thoroughfares, directing fans to available parking facilities. Fans may also see an usher once inside a venue for any related questions.
For more information on parking for upcoming Notre Dame athletics events, including an easy-reference map, go online to UND.com/parking. Fans wishing to purchase tickets for a future Fighting Irish game may contact the Murnane Family Athletics Ticket Office by phone (574) 631-7356 or by going online to UND.com/tickets. Fans also can receive updated Notre Dame athletics parking and ticketing information through the Fighting Irish athletics ticket office Twitter page (@NDTIX).