NOTRE DAME, Ind. — With a 10-under par 206, Fighting Irish women’s golfer Lauren Beaudreau won the Indiana Spring Challenge at the Covered Bridge Golf Club in Sellersburg, Indiana (April 4-5).
Beaudreau’s 206 (-10) tied her previous record-setting score she shot at the 2020 Westbrook Spring Invitational (Feb. 23-24), marking the best 54-hole score in program history (by stroke total and in relation to par).
“I’m really proud of Lauren for playing three under-par rounds,” head coach Susan Holt said. “She played great both days and sleeping on the lead is never easy. She’s been playing well and this showing was bound to happen for her sooner or later.”
Beaudreau fired an opening round 66 on Sunday morning and followed with a 69 on Sunday afternoon. Then on Monday the sophomore fired a 71 to seal the first win of her Notre Dame career, besting Valery Plata of Michigan State by three strokes.
It was Notre Dame’s first individual win since Emma Albrecht captured medalist honors at the 2017 Bettie Lou Evans Invite (Oct. 6-8, 2017).
As a team, Notre Dame (285-292-304=881) placed second in the five-team field as Michigan State (284-285-280=849) won the tournament.
Abby Heck (71-75-79=225) and Madelyn Jones (74-77-74=225) tied for 17th as Notre Dame’s next best finishers.
Julia Bordeaux (74-74-81=229) finished tied for 24th, while Claire Albrecht (76-74-80=230) placed 26th. Playing as an individual, Jessica Meyers (79-74-79=232) finished 28th.
Career Best Rounds (most recent occurrence listed)
- Claire Albrecht: 68 (first round of the 2019 Jim West Challenge)
- Lauren Beaudreau: 66 (second round of the 2019 Schooner Fall Classic)
- Julia Bordeaux: 76 (first round of the 2021 Clemson Invitational)
- Abby Heck: 66 (third round of the 2019 Schooner Fall Classic)
- Madelyn Jones: 68 (second round of the 2020 Westbrook Invitational)
- Jessica Meyers: 70 (first round of the 2020 Jim West Challenge)
- Chloe Schiavone: 71 (second round of the 2021 Purdue Intercollegiate)
Notre Dame will head to the 2021 ACC Championship, which will be played on April 15-18 at the Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, North Carolina.
This season’s championship will feature three rounds of stroke play and an individual champion (April 15-16), followed by the semifinals of team match play (April 17) and the match play team championship (April 18).