Sept. 3, 2003
The Notre Dame baseball program will hold its annual reunion prior to this weekend’s ND-Washignton State football game. The reunion will be held from 10:00-11:30 a.m. at Eck Stadium (please note the particulars of the reunion below, including a change in format).
At the request of many individuals coming for the weekend and in order to give all who attend more of an opportunity to visit friends on campus, the following format will be used (and evaluated for next year):
1. No active game will be played.
2. The indoor batting cages will be open from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. for use by former Notre Dame baseball players.
3. The shower room/locker room will be open for the alumni baseball players to use.
4. No formal picnic will be held, as most attendees have indicated that they want to coordinate their own pre-game meal.
5. A dedication of the two new large signs at Eck Stadium will take place at 11:30 a.m. to honor the two donors, Mark Watson and Ben Davis. This dedication is open to the public.
6. Coach Paul Mainieri will be master of ceremonies for the 11:30 a.m. program.