NOTRE DAME, Ind. – The University of Notre Dame baseball team finishes out their short homestand with a Tuesday night non-conference game against Chicago State. The Irish and Cougars will face off for the sixth-straight season at Frank Eck Stadium. First pitch is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on the ACC Network Extra/WatchESPN.
|Chicago State (6-14) vs. Notre Dame (9-12)|
|When:||Tuesday, March 26 | 6:00 p.m. ET|
|Where:||Notre Dame, Ind. | Frank Eck Stadium|
|Watch:||ACC Network Extra|
Know the Opponent: Chicago State Cougars
- The Irish host Chicago State for the 36th meeting between the schools, with Notre Dame having won 33 of those games.
- This will be the sixth straight season the Irish and Cougars will face off against each other.
- Last season, the Irish produced their highest run total of the season in an 18-4 win over the Cougars.
- This will be the first of seven mid-week matchups the Irish will host at Frank Eck Stadium.
Brown, Irish Bats Lead to Game Two Win
- After dropping the first game of the double header to No. 19 Florida State, the Irish responded in a big way during game two.
- The bats heated up in the second game and the Irish put up crooked numbers in five of the first six innings to jump out to a big lead.
- Spencer Myers got on base a career-high five times and tied career highs with three hits and four runs on the afternoon.
- Carter Putz also had a big day at the plate, he set a career high with four RBI and tied a career high with three hits.
- On the mound, Cameron Brown had one of the best outing of his career.
- He kept the Seminoles off balance at the plate all afternoon long and he went the distance for his first complete game of his career.
- Brown tallied a career-high 12 strikeouts, the most by an Irish pitcher since Will Hudgins had 12 against Pitt on March 23, 2012.
- Brown has been racking up the strikeouts in ACC play (28 K) and he ranks second in the conference for the most through the first three weeks. He also ranks second in innings pitched during conference games (21.2 IP).
Junker Produces Another Quality Start
- Coming off a career best outing on the road against No. 12 Clemson, Cameron Junker was at it again against No. 19 Florida State.
- He shut down the potent Seminole offense from the start and tallied seven strikeouts through the first four innings.
- His day was done after six innings, giving up just three hits and one run while tying a career high in strikeouts with eight.
- It was the second straight week that Junker has tallied eight strikeouts and he ranks third for strikeouts in ACC games (21 K) this season.