NOTRE DAME, Ind. – It was an electric game in Purcell Pavilion as the Irish held a lead for over 36 minutes of play on their way to an 80-70 victory over Boston College on Saturday. Notre Dame recorded only seven turnovers and grabbed an impressive 37 rebounds which propelled it to the double-digit win.
Five Notre Dame players finished in double figures in the scoring column, with Dane Goodwin having an exceptional 21-point performance. Prentiss Hubb (13 points, 10 assists) and Juwan Durham (12 points, 11 assists) also had impressive showings with double doubles.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Notre Dame dominated BC for much of the first 20 minutes of play with a balanced scoring effort and excellent ball handling skills – the Irish recording no turnovers in the half.
The final five minutes were exciting to watch as Notre Dame added 17 points to the board generating a lead as great as 12 points. The Irish headed into the locker room with a 10-point advantage at 42-32.
The Irish came out hot in the second half with both Hubb and Goodwin combining for 21 points from beyond the arc alone (7-of-12 combined). The Irish lead never dipped below six points in the final 10 minutes en route to the 80-70 victory.
PLAYER OF THE GAME
Durham was one of the stars in the win with his second double-double performance of the season. Durham put up 12 points, making 6-of-9 shots, and grabbed a team-high 11 rebounds for the Irish, marking a season high.
STAT OF THE GAME
Notre Dame did a great job taking care of the ball against Boston College, recording no turnovers in the first half and only seven in the final 20 minutes. Boston College only managed to score six points off the errors.
NOTES OF THE GAME
- The Irish recorded no turnovers in the first 20 minutes and only seven in the second half, matching a season low
- Notre Dame put on one of its best shooting displays from three-point range this season, knocking down 14-of-31 attempts (45.2 percent), marking the second-most makes from distance in a game this season
- The Irish matched their season high in assists with 21 on the day
- Durham had his second double-double performance of the season with 10 points and 11 rebounds – a personal season record
- Dane Goodwin had an excellent performance from beyond the arc, recording a personal season record and matching his career record with five three-pointers
- Hubb was a key team contributor, dishing out a season-high 10 assists
- Nate Laszewski continued his ultra-efficient season season, going 7-for-10 from the field to score 16 points
Notre Dame takes on University of Miami at the Watsco Center on Sunday, Jan. 24 at 6 p.m. EST. The game will be available on ACCN.