NOTRE DAME, Ind. — No. 7/8 Notre Dame meets #23 Stanford in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday, May 10th in Evanston, Illinois. Opening draw is set for 7 p.m. local time/8 p.m. ET at Lanny and Sharon Martin Stadium. The contest will be streamed live via BTNPlus on BTN2Go. The winner of Friday night’s contest will meet Northwestern in the second round on Sunday, May 12th at 1 p.m. CT/2 p.m. ET in Evanston.
NOTRE DAME vs. STANFORD
Date/Time: Friday, May 10 – 7 p.m. CT/8 p.m. ET
Location: Lanny and Sharon Martin Stadium — Evanston, Ill.
Tickets: Click here
Live Stream: BTN Plus via BTN2GO
Live Stats: Click Here
Twitter Updates: @NDWomensLax
THE STANFORD SERIES
- This marks the 18th meeting all-time between the Irish and Cardinal, with Notre Dame holding a 10-7 advantage in the series.
- The Irish & Cardinal have met in the NCAA Tournament on one previous occasion on May 10th, 2013 in Evanston.
NCAA TOURNAMENT HISTORY
- The Irish have now made the NCAA Tournament on 13 occasions, including berths in seven of the last eight seasons under head coach Christine Halfpenny.
FIVE IRISH EARN ALL-ACC HONORS
- Sophomore midfielder Andie Aldave, senior goaltender Samantha Giacolone, sophomore attacker Maddie Howe and senior defender Hannah Proctor were each named to the All-ACC First Team, the conference announced on Tuesday, April 21st.
- Junior midfielder Savannah Buchanan was added to the All-ACC Second Team on Friday, April 26th.
- The Irish matched top-ranked Boston College for the most first-team selections.
- Notre Dame is also the only team in the ACC to have players at all four positions to earn first team honors.
- The four First-Team All-ACC selections are the most the Irish have earned since joining the conference in 2014, and the five total honorees tie the 2016 Irish squad for the most recognitions since becoming an ACC member.
- Giacolone earns First Team All-ACC accolades for the second consecutive season, while Proctor and Buchanan earn All-ACC recognition for the second straight year after both being named to the Second Team in 2018.
- Entering the NCAA Tournament, the Irish find themselves in the top 10 of a number of statistical categories.
- Notre Dame currently sits second in the nation with a draw control percentage of 63.5%.
- The Irish are fourth in the country in scoring defense (7.71) and sixth in both save percentage (.506) and margin of victory (7.59).
- Notre Dame leads the ACC in scoring defense and margin of victory in addition to marks of 11.53 caused turnovers per game, 19.76 ground balls per game and 26.59 shots on goal per game.
- Goaltender Samantha Giacolone ranks seventh in the country and leads the ACC with a 8.16 goals-against average.
- Andie Aldave ranks sixth in the nation and leads the ACC with an average of 7.94 draw controls per game.
- Maddie Howe also ranks 5th in the country and tops the ACC with a free position percentage of 68.2%.
ALDAVE & GIACOLONE NAMED TEWAARATON NOMINEES
- Sophomore midfielder Andie Aldave and senior goaltender Samantha Giacolonewere both named top-25 nominees for the 2019 Tewaaraton Award, the foundation announced Thursday, April 25th.
- Aldave and Giacolone become the 10th and 11th players in program history to be nominated for the award, which honors the top women’s lacrosse player in the country.