NOTRE DAME, Ind. — No. 5 Notre Dame closes its 2020 fall schedule with a pair road matchups at Boston College on Friday, October 23 and Saturday, October 24. Both matches are slated for 8 p.m. ET and will be streamed live via ACC Network Extra. Friday’s match will also be available on various RSNs.
START FAST, FINISH STRONG
• The Irish enter the final weekend of fall play having knocked off three ranked teams, including a pair of victories over No. 5 Syracuse and a five-set triumph over No. 10 Pittsburgh.
• Notre Dame’s win over No. 5 Syracuse on October 2 marked the first top-five victory for the Irish since they took down #5 Stanford in straight sets on August 29, 2009.
• Notre Dame also earned back-to-back ranked victories for the first time since knocking off No. 24 Ohio State and No. 23 Michigan State on September 10 & 15, 2017.
HISTORY VS. BOSTON COLLEGE
• The Irish and Panthers will be meeting for the 24th and 25th times this weekend.
• Notre Dame holds a 19-4 advantage in the all-time series.
• The Irish earned a five-set road win over Boston College last season on November 3, 2019.
• Charley Niego led the Irish with 22 kills in that win, while Sydney Bent added 19 kills and Zoe Nunez notched a season-high 54 assists.
• The Irish have seen multiple players earn ACC honors over the first four weeks of the 2020 campaign.
• Libero Hattie Monson was named the ACC’s Freshman of the Week after totaling a team-high 20 digs and a game-high three aces in her Irish debut, a season-opening road sweep at Louisville on September 25.
• The Irish swept the ACC weekly honors on October 6 with Charley Niego being named the conference’s Player of the Week and Lindsey Miller earning Freshman of the Week honors.
• Niego was spectacular with a 19-kill, 18-dig performance in Notre Dame’s four-set victory over Syracuse on October 2 before adding 15 kills with a .467 hitting percentage the following day in a sweep of the Orange.
• Miller totaled 20 kills, seven blocks and a hitting percentage of .588 in the pair of victories over Syracuse.
• Notre Dame is currently ranked fifth in the AVCA Fall Top-15 Coaches Poll for the third consecutive week.
• The Irish have returned to being been ranked in a version of the AVCA Coaches Poll since they were tabbed 21st in 2006.
• The No. 5 ranking matches the highest ranking in an AVCA Poll in program history. The Irish were also slotted at No. 5 on October 31, 2005.
• Zoe Nunez currently ranks fifth in the country and second the ACC with a mark of 11.37 assists per set.
• Nunez has racked up 216 total assists in the first five matches of 2020, which stands third in the ACC.
• Nunez ranked second in the ACC in 2019 with 1,219 assists in 29 matches.
• Nunez’s mark of 10.60 assists per set was also the second-best in the conference a season ago.
• Entering the weekend, Nunez ranks eighth in program history with 2,548 career assists and her career mark of 10.68 assists per set currently stands sixth in Irish history.