NOTRE DAME, Ind. — No. 5/4 Notre Dame hits the road for a matchup at top-ranked Boston College on Wednesday, April 3rd at Newton, Mass. The ACC contest is set for 1 p.m. and will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra.
NOTRE DAME at BOSTON COLLEGE
Date/Time: Wednesday, April 3 – 1 p.m. ET
Location: Newton Campus Lacrosse & Soccer Field – Newton, Mass.
Live Stream: ACC Network Extra
Live Stats: Click Here
Twitter Updates: @NDWomensLax
THE BOSTON COLLEGE SERIES
- Wednesday’s contest is the 15th meeting between the Irish and Eagles, with the all-time series even at 7-7.
- Notre Dame also owns a 3-3 mark in games played at Boston College.
- Entering play this week, the Irish lead the country in draw control percentage (68.6%) and margin of victory (9.91).
- Notre Dame sits second in the country in scoring defense (6.18) and save percentage (.558) in addition to fifth in points per game (24.09), sixth in scoring offense (16.09) and seventh in both assists per game (8) and caused turnovers per game (12.27).
- Goaltender Samantha Giacolone leads the nation with a goals-against average of 6.35 and tops the ACC with a save percentage of .555, which also ranks second in the NCAA.
- Andie Aldave ranks sixth in the nation and second in the ACC with an average of 7.82 draw controls per game.
- Maddie Howe ranks sixth in the country and leads the ACC with a free position percentage of 71.4%.
FOUR IRISH ON TEWAARATON WATCH LIST
- Senior goaltender Samantha Giacolone and sophomore attacker Maddie Howe were added to the watch list for the 2019 Tewaaraton Award, the foundation announced on Thursday, March 21.
- Sophomore midfielder Andie Aldave and junior midfielder Savannah Buchanan were named to the initial watch list for the award back on Thursday, February 28.
- On Tuesday (April 2), senior goaltender Samantha Giacolone earned her second ACC Defensive Player of the Week honor this season after a season-best 14 saves in Notre Dame’s 9-7 win over UNC on Sunday, March 31.
- On Sunday, March 24 at Syracuse, Giacolone passed Ellie Hilling to become the program’s all-time leader in saves. She currently has 543 stops in her career.
- Giacolone also enters the contest ranked second in Irish history in goals-against average (9.30), wins (43) and minutes played (3,803).
- Sophomore midfielder Andie Aldave (184) and junior midfielder Savannah Buchanan (153) enter the contest ranked second and fifth in program history in career draw controls.