NOTRE DAME, Ind. — No. 4 Notre Dame hosts #6 Northwestern in its regular season finale on Saturday, April 20th. Opening draw is set for 7 p.m. ET at Arlotta Stadium and the contest will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra.
CLASS OF 2019
- The seven members of the Class of 2019 will be honored before Saturday’s contest, which includes Jenn Casadonte, Sydney Flynn, Samantha Giacolone, Samantha Lynch, Nikki Ortega, Makenna Pearsall and Hannah Proctor
- To date, the Class of 2019 has earned 48 wins, scored 178 goals, recorded 85 assists, collected 263 points, caused 173 turnovers, notched 100 draw controls, collected 448 ground balls and made 573 saves.
- The group has also knocked off 11 opponents ranked in the top-10 over the last four years.
- They have also combined to earn ACC Academic Honor Roll accolades 17 times.
- Entering the weekend, the Irish find themselves in the top five of a number of statistical categories.
- Notre Dame currently leads the country with a draw control percentage of 66.7%.
- The Irish sit second in the country in both scoring defense (6.80) and margin of victory (8.93).
- Notre Dame leads the ACC with 11.80 caused turnovers per game and 20.20 ground balls per game.
- Goaltender Samantha Giacolone ranks second in the country and leads the ACC with a 7.19 goals-against average. Giacolone’s .530 save percentage also stands fifth in the nation.
- Andie Aldave ranks sixth in the nation and leads the ACC with an average of 8.13 draw controls per game.
- Maddie Howe also ranks sixth in the country with a free position percentage of 68.4%.
SIX IRISH ON TEWAARATON WATCH LIST
- Senior defenders Makenna Pearsall and Hannah Proctor were added to the watch list for the 2019 Tewaaraton Award, the foundation announced on Thursday, April 11.
- The duo joins sophomore midfielder Andie Aldave, junior midfielder Savannah Buchanan, senior goaltender Samantha Giacolone and sophomore attacker Maddie Howe on the watch list for the award, which honors the top women’s lacrosse player in the country.
- The top-25 finalists for the 2019 Tewaaraton Award, which honors the top women’s lacrosse player in the country, will be announced on Thursday, April 25.
- Five men’s and five women’s finalists will be announced on May 9 and invited to the 18th annual Tewaaraton Award Ceremony, which will be held in Washington, D.C., on May 30.
- Sophomore midfielder Andie Aldave was named an Inside Lacrosse First Team Midseason All-American while senior goaltender Samantha Giacolone earned Second Team honors and sophomore attacker Maddie Howe earned Third Team accolades, it was announced Thursday (April 4).
- Sophomore midfielder Andie Aldave was tabbed last week’s ACC Offensive Player of the Week after recording six points (4G, 2A) and five draw controls in Notre Dame’s 15-7 win over Duke last Sunday, April 14.
- On Sunday, April 7 vs. Virginia Tech, Aldave broke her own single-season program record for draw controls. She currently has 122 in 2019, and 220 for her career. She enters the contest second to Barbara Sullivan (261) for most career draw controls in program history.
- Junior midfielder Savannah Buchanan enters the contest tied for fourth in program history in career draw controls with 165.
- On Wednesday, April 10 vs. Butler, Samantha Giacolone earned her 45th career victory, the most by any goaltender in Irish history.
- On Sunday, March 24 at Syracuse, Samantha Giacolone passed Ellie Hilling to become the program’s all-time leader in saves. She currently has 573 stops in her career.
- Giacolone is also ranked second in Irish history in goals-against average (9.31) and minutes played (4,010).
- Notre Dame is ranked #4 in both the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) poll and the Inside Lacrosse/ Cascade Media poll.
- The Irish are also slotted sixth in the Nike Lacrosse/US Lacrosse poll.
- Notre Dame is 9th in the RPI.
- The Irish are one of seven ACC teams ranked in the IWLCA poll.