Oct. 15, 2008
Kelsey Lysander has been in the go-to goalkeeper for the Irish in 2008. The junior from San Diego has notched 23 saves and allowed just four goals, ranking her 10th in the nation. Lysander played in 14 games during her first two years with the Irish, recording seven saves.
1. What artist takes up most of your iPod/music player?
Definitely Dave Matthews Band
2. If you had your own energy drink, what would it be called?
I think it would be High Flier
3. What is your cell phone ring tone right now?
I just got a new phone, but on my last phone it was “Is This Love” by Bob Marley.
4. Growing up playing soccer, I always pretended to be…
I always wanted to be Brianna Scurry, especially the year when the team won their first gold medal.
5. What would be your dream job?
I would love to open up a restaurant somewhere on the coast of California and serve all natural food.
6. Other than the Irish, what is your favorite sports team?
I’m a big fan of both the San Diego Chargers and the Padres.
7. What television show do you never miss?
LOST – I even watch them online. It’s better that way, far fewer commercials.
8. What is the hardest thing about being a student-athlete?
Time management is very difficult, especially in the academic side of my life.
9. Do you have any pre-game rituals or superstitions?
I wouldn’t have even noticed, but a teammate told me I always put on my left side clothes on first. My left sock, shin-guard and cleat. It’s weird.
10. What is the coolest thing you had in your bedroom growing up?
I had one of those neon, inflatable chairs that were popular for a little while; and I had one of the mini basketball hoops on the back of my door.
11. Do you have any nicknames?
Not really, just Kels.
12. Which has been the biggest game of your career?
Tough question, but I would have to pick the game this year when we shut out UNC at home.
13. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
I would probably choose Jamba Juice smoothies.
14. What is your favorite memory with your Irish teammates?
When we made it to the Final Four my freshman year, one of our seniors, Clare Gallerano, had to speak before the four teams and her speech was full of awkward inside jokes that made our team crack up.
15. When you were younger what were you always getting in trouble for?
I fought with the boys from time to time.
16. Where do you want to be in ten years?
I want to be living on the beach in San Diego.
17. If a movie was made about your life, what would the title be and who would play you?
This is going to sound so cheesy, but Keepin’ It Real would be the title, and I would have Kate Bosworth play me.
18. What’s the most notable thing about your hometown?
We have the San Diego Zoo and Sea World.
19. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I’m going to cheat and say I would have a dinner party with Babe Ruth, Alexander Hamilton, and Jackie Robinson. Each of them made huge contributions to their individual arenas and are still remembered today.
20. What does being part of the Fighting Irish mean to you?
It is being a part of the best family at a school that is the best both academically and athletically.