March 6, 2009
Senior goalkeeper and team captain Scott Rodgers returns to action this season with the men’s lacrosse squad. In the 2009 campaign Rodgers has been in goal for all 3 games.
1. What television show do you never miss?
Nip/Tuck and reruns of “World’s Strongest Man”
2. Do you have any nicknames?
My parents call me Junior and my teammates call me Steak.
3. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I would have to say the Crocodile Hunter because I love watching the Animal Planet and Steve Irwin’s accent would have me laughing.
4. What is your most embarrassing moment on the field?
Freshman year we played Butler at their stadium and the whole game the fans ripped on me because my head is huge.
5. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
Definitely beef jerky. Love the stuff.
6. What do you miss the most about being at home?
I miss my mom’s cooking and the Sunday dinners we have every week at 4pm with my whole family.
7. Describe your perfect day- who would you spend it with, what would you do, where would you be?
My perfect day would be getting my workout in for the day, coming home and just hanging out at the house with my roommates.
8. If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you want to have with you?
A machete to hunt, a set of dumbbells, and the book “The Lord of the Flies” to read.
9. What’s your worst habit?
I’d have to say taking naps. I can nap anytime during the day but when it comes to sleeping at night I can’t do it.
10. What would be your dream job?
To get paid to workout my whole life.
11. If you could trade places with your coach for a day, what would you do?
I would fly around all over the country and recruit players. He probably gets to go to some sweet places.
12. What is your cell phone ring right now?
“Day-And-Night” by Kid Cudi
13. If you had your own energy drink, what would it be called?
All-In Energy Drinks
14. Which has been the biggest game of your career?
I’d have to say my sophomore year against John’s Hopkins in the playoffs. We lost in overtime but the atmosphere was crazy.
15. What is your favorite memory with your Irish teammates?
Last year’s overtime win against Colgate on Alumni Field. Petey Christman scored the game winner in overtime and it was just nuts.
16. Do you have any pre-game rituals/superstitions?
I like to listen to my iPod and stretch alone in the locker room when everybody else goes out to warm up.
17. What song do you love to listen to but are embarrassed to admit it?
“Love Story” by Taylor Swift and “Since You’ve Been Gone” by Kelly Clarkson.
18. Other than the Irish, what is your favorite sports team?
The Yankees and the G-MEN
19. What television show would you like to make a cameo on?
“The Real World.” It’s my destiny.
20. What does being part of the Fighting Irish mean to you?
It means top notch facilities, tradition, and the opportunity to represent one of the elite lacrosse programs in the country.