Sept. 25, 2008
Junior forward Michele Weissenhofer has played in all eight games for the Irish women’s soccer team so far this season, scoring two goals and taking 12 shots on goal. The Naperville, Ill. native scored the Irish’s first goal of the regular season in a 7-0 victory over Michigan and scored again in Notre Dame’s 3-1 win over Penn State Sept. 21.
1. Do you have any nicknames?
Some people call me Meech, Meechka, or Weissy
2. What’s your theme song?
“Time of Your Life” by David Cook
3. If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you want to have with you?
I’d want food, another person, and a cell phone.
4. What television show do you never miss?
5. Do you have any pre-game rituals/superstitions?
Not really. I’m not very superstitious, but our team always listens to music and dances in the locker room.
6. When you were little, who was your favorite cartoon character?
Tom and Jerry
7. If a movie was made about your life, what would the title be and who would play you?
The title would be The Extreme Life of Michele. Hillary Duff would play me.
8. What’s your worst habit?
It’s hard for me to keep secrets.
9. Where do you want to be in 10 years?
I want to be happy and healthy.
10. What type of music takes up most of your iPod/music player?
11. When you were younger, what were you always getting in trouble for?
Fighting with my older brother
12. What song do you love to listen to but are embarrassed to admit it?
“Reach” by Gloria Estefan
13. What is the hardest thing about being a student-athlete?
Finding a balance between social time, school, and soccer.
14. Where is your favorite place at Notre Dame?
Approaching Main Circle, where you can see the dome through the trees.
15. Do you read horoscopes? If you do, do you believe in them? If not, why not?
I think they’re fun to read. If a horoscope is good I’ll believe in it, but if it’s bad I won’t.
16. What is your favorite class or professor at Notre Dame, and why?
My favorite class was called Religion and Genocide. It was very depressing, but at the same time it was very interesting and informative.
17. Which has been the biggest game of your career?
The biggest game in my career at Notre Dame was against UNC last year in the Sweet 16. It was Thanksgiving weekend, and we beat UNC after we had lost to them the previous year in the Final Four. We beat them 3-2, and I had two goals and one assist.
18. Describe your perfect day- who would you spend it with, what would you do, where would you be?
I would wake up without an alarm. I would have chocolate chip banana pancakes for breakfast, and I would be with my best friends. We would be in Chicago and we would go on a shopping spree and go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant.
19. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
It would be with my grandpa, because I never got to meet him and I’ve always been told that I would have liked him a lot.
20. What does being part of the Fighting Irish mean to you?
It means being part of a family and it’s something very special. I’m privileged to be here.