Sept. 16, 2008
Lindsey Ferguson kicked off her junior campaign with the Irish cross country team in a big way, taking second place at the Valparaiso Invitational to open the season. Ferguson earned all-BIG EAST honors last year with a 14th-place performance at the 2007 league meet. She also garnered all-conference accolades with a third-place steeplechase finish at the BIG EAST Outdoor Championships and closed out her sophomore season at the NCAA Mideast Regionals, finishing 10th in the 3,000-meter steeplechase.
1. If you could be on any reality show, which would it be?
2. What’s the most notable thing about your hometown?
My hometown is Saratoga Springs (N.Y.), so the Saratoga Horse Track.
3. What song do you love to listen to, but are embarrassed to admit?
Faded – by Soul Decision
4. Do you have any pre-race rituals or superstitions?
I wear the same earrings and necklace and I pray before races.
5. What is your most embarrassing moment on the track?
I fell in the water pit during the steeplechase in outdoor track.
6. What was the coolest thing about your bedroom growing up?
I had a bathroom that connected to my brother’s room.
7. Describe your perfect day – who would you spend it with, what would you do, where you go?
I’d take a trip up to the beach in Michigan with my friends. We would hang out on the beach and go shopping in St. Joseph.
8. Where is your favorite place at Notre Dame?
The indoor track.
9. Do you have any nicknames?
10. What is your cell phone ring?
It’s just one of the generic ringtones.
11. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you?
Peanut butter, my iPod and a book
12. Where do you want to be in 10 years?
Hopefully, I’ll still be running, have a teaching career and a family.
13. What’s your worst habit?
I bite my nails when I’m nervous.
14. Which has been the biggest meet of your career?
We won the BIG EAST Outdoor Track & Field Championship during my freshman year.
15. Do you read horoscopes? If yes, do you believe them? If not, why don’t you read them?
Yes. I try not to believe in them, but when it has something positive it adds a little to my day.
16. Where is the greatest place your sport has taken you?
I went to Puerto Rico in high school for track.
17. When you were little, who was your favorite cartoon character?
Ariel – The Little Mermaid
18. If a movie was made about your life, what would the title be and who would play you?
I love “Breakfast At Tiffany’s.” I wish I was in Aubrey Hepburn’s role.
19. What’s your theme song?
“Dancing in the Moonlight”
20. What does being part of the Fighting Irish mean to you?
It means a lot to me when I get to put on the Notre Dame singlet and run for the Irish. It is such an honor to be part of and share in the experience of such a prestigious school.