Nov. 11, 2008
Kevin Deeth has seen action in all nine games with the Irish this season, scoring two goals and six assists for eight points. Last season, as a sophomore, he played in 45 games, totaling 11 goals, 14 assists and 25 points, ranking sixth on the squad in scoring. Deeth, the first Notre Dame hockey player from Washington, joined the Irish after spending a season with the Green Bay Gamblers of the United States Hockey League (USHL).
1. What’s the most notable thing about your hometown?
The Puget Sound – I’m from Gig Harbor, Wash.
2. What is your cell phone ring right now?
“Somebody Like You” by Keith Urban
3. If you could be on any reality show, which would it be?
4. If a movie was made about your life, what would the title be and who would play you?
5. Where is the most interesting place you have traveled?
Either the Czech Republic or Slovakia
6. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
Sour Patch Kids candy
7. Do you have any pre-game rituals/superstitions?
8. When you were younger, what were you always getting in trouble for?
Being loud in class
9. What’s your worst habit?
I pick my nose a lot.
10. Which has been the biggest game of your career?
The national championship game last year.
11. Do you have any nicknames?
12. What is your favorite memory with your Irish teammates?
The Jack Johnson concert we went to over the summer.
13. Who was the most famous person you have ever met?
Sidney Crosby from the Pittsburgh Penguins.
14. What’s your theme song?
“Free and Easy” by Dierks Bentley
15. What is your most embarrassing moment on the ice?
I fell during a shootout in Midgets
16. Where is your favorite place at Notre Dame?
North Dining Hall at the round table
17. Growing up playing hockey, I always pretended to be …
Marty St. Louis
18. Other than the Irish, what is your favorite sports team?
19. What do you miss the most about being at home?
My family and cooking
20. What does being part of the Fighting Irish mean to you?
It means being with 27 brothers.