Oct. 30, 2008
Ian Cole has seen action in all five games for the Irish this season, scoring two goals with three assists for five points. He played in 43 games as a freshman a year ago, totaling eight goals, 12 assists and 20 points. The Ann Arbor, Mich., native was selected in the first round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft as the 18th overall pick by the St. Louis Blues.
1. Do you have any pre-game rituals/superstitions?
I eat a banana with peanut butter.
2. Where do you want to be in 10 years?
I want to be playing in the NHL.
3. What television show do you never miss?
We always watch Prison Break.
4. What artist takes up most of your iPod/music player?
5. Which has been the biggest game of your career?
The National Championship game last year.
6. If you could trade places with Coach Jackson for a day, what would you do?
I would give the team a day off.
7. When you were little, who was your favorite cartoon character?
8. What song do you love to listen to but are embarrassed to admit it?
“Bubbly” by Colbie Caillat
9. If you had your own energy drink, what would it be called?
10. What would be your dream job?
Playing in the NHL
11. What is your favorite memory with your Irish teammates?
Every time we all get together and hang out.
12. What is your cell phone ring right now?
It’s on silent.
13. If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you want to have with you?
Peanut butter filled pretzels, cookies made by Mrs. O’Brien (Goalie Tom O’Brien’s mother), and SPF 95, so I won’t get sunburn.
14. What is the coolest thing you had in your bedroom growing up?
A reindeer fur pelt from Finland
15. Do you have any nicknames?
Colesy and “E”
16. If you could be any superhero, who would you be?
17. What is the greatest place your sport has taken you?
To Notre Dame
18. Other than the Irish, what is your favorite sports team?
St. Louis Blues
19. What is your most embarrassing moment on the ice?
Somehow I seem to embarrass myself every game.
20. What does being part of the Fighting Irish mean to you?
It means being the best in all aspects of life.