Sept. 30, 2003
1. Full name: Derek Christopher Curry
2. Birthdate: September 5, 1981
3. Major: MIS with a minor in Theology
4. Favorite Class: Systems Analysis and Design
5. Hardest Class: Systems Analysis and Design
6. Biggest reason that you came to Notre Dame: God let me in and gave me the opportunity.
7. How do you mentally prepare for a game: I try to go through the game plan on a whole. I try to master the opposing offense so I know what to expect.
8. If you could be a cartoon character who would it be: The Tasmanian devil because I am just crazy anyways.
9.What is the best advice you have ever been given: Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires in your heart.
10. What Game are you most looking forward to: The next one on the list.
11. Who is your role model: My father is my role model because I admire his strength in the Lord, his strength in general and his integrity.
12. When I was younger I … was very energetic and kind of hard headed.
13.Your favorite Notre Dame athletic team other than your own: The baseball team I played on in high school
14. Your favorite thing about playing for Notre Dame: Being a part of the tradition. I try to uphold the Notre Dame name and what it stands for, that is big for me because so many people look up to it.
15. Describe what it feels like on game day and playing in Notre Dame Stadium: It is electrifying and there is so much energy not only on the field but coming out of the stands.
16.What are your plans for after Notre Dame: Follow wherever the Lord leads me. I can’t read the future but I would like to be a youth pastor someday.
17. Your greatest personal athletic moment: In high School, I hit a homerun in the playoffs to tie a game and it gave my team a chance to win the game.
18. Your most embarrassing athletic moment: Missing a tackle. I always hate missing a tackle.
19.What is the one thing in your life that you can not live without: The Lord. I couldn’t do it. Without him I have nothing. I would have no strength, no hope, anything. I would be lost.
20. If you were on an island and could only have one meal, only listen to one song and be with only one person for the rest of your life, what and who would you pick: My meal would be lasagna, my song would be Amazing Grace and I would be with my brother because we are so much alike yet so different and we enjoy each other’s company.
Bonus: Describe what you are personally working on to get better and what your personal and team goals are for the rest of the season: Personally I am working on my footwork and tackling. I can always work on understanding the game. I am trying to become the player, the teammate and the person that this team needs me to be. As a team we are simply just trying to win every game we play.