March 20, 2009
Junior Cosmina Ciobanu currently holds a record of 16-4 overall, and 13-1 in dual action in the 2008-2009 campaign.
1. If you could be on any reality show, which would it be?
2. What’s the most notable thing about your hometown?
Birch Street and the Brea Mall.
3. What song do you love to listen to but are embarrassed to admit it?
“See You Again” by Miley Cyrus
4. Do you have any pre-game rituals/superstitions?
I have to warm up with the same person before my matches (Kelcy Tefft) and do the exact same warm up routine every time.
5. What is your most embarrassing moment on the court?
I was hitting reflex volleys with Kelcy Tefft and she hit a hard ball and I tried to get out of the way but ended up hitting myself in the face with my racket.
6. What is the coolest thing you had in your bedroom growing up?
The coolest thing I had in my bedroom growing up was my sister. I miss sharing a room with her … not saying I don’t love my roommate now.
7. Describe your perfect day- who would you spend it with, what would you do, where would you be?
My perfect day would be spent with my best friend, probably just hanging out and talking. In good company, I could get lost having a fabulous time anywhere. But, if I had to choose, it would be on this hill back home that overlooks the whole city.
8. Where is your favorite place at Notre Dame?
The bench on the hill (I think behind Como) overlooking the lake and South Dining Hall
9. Do you have any nicknames?
Coz, Cozzy, Coco, Coco Bean, Bean
10. Where do you want to be in 10 years?
No idea. Life’s such a mystery, so we’ll see when I get there. I don’t like to make plans that far ahead anyway.
11. What’s your worst habit?
Biting my fingernails.
12. Which has been the biggest game of your career?
Playing against Duke and clinching the match in 3 sets during my freshman year.
13. What is your cell-phone ring right now?
“Tim McGraw” by Taylor Swift
14. Where is the greatest place your sport has taken you?
Costa Rica, Panama, France, and England
15. If you could trade places with your coach for a day, what would you do?
I would trade places with our assistant coach, Julia, and run her like no other (payback).
16. When you were little, who was your favorite cartoon character?
Tom and Jerry
17. What artist takes up the most of your iPod?
Taylor Swift and the Goo-Goo Dolls
18. If a movie was made about your life, what would the title be and who would play you?
I’m not really sure what the title would beÃ¢â‚¬Â¦possibly quite simply, Untitled. Or maybe, something with laughing because I seem to do that a lot. I’m hoping I wouldn’t be in charge of that part. Hayden Panettiere would most likely play me.
19. What’s your theme song?
“Days Go By” by Keith Urban
20. What does being part of the Fighting Irish mean to you?
It means having the support and love of a second family.