March 6, 2009
Senior Beth Koloup is in her third season with the Irish Women’s Lacrosse squad. The Phoenix, MD native has played in all of the first four games of the 2009 campaign. Koloup has contributed one goal and one assist in her 2009 appearances.
1. Growing up playing lacrosse, I always pretended to be Ã¢â‚¬Â¦
Fearless because I started playing when I was a senior in high school and didn’t know a lot about it, so I went in not thinking much about it.
2. Do you have any nicknames?
Beth. My real name is Elisabeth.
3. If you had your own energy drink, what would it be called?
4. What television show would you like to make a cameo on?
5. Do you have any pre-game rituals/superstitions?
We have dance-offs in the locker room before every game.
6. What is your most embarrassing moment on the field?
In a game my sophomore year, I had to jump over a ref who had fallen down.
7. If a movie was made about your life, what would the title be and who would play you?
It would be titled “21,” because my friend wrote a story about my life last year for a class and it was pretty interesting. Blake Lively would play me. I like her and she’s athletic.
8. What artist takes up most of your iPod/music player?
9. When you were little, who was your favorite cartoon character?
10. Where do you want to be in 10 years?
I want to have a family, and have a government or law job because I’m going to law school next year.
11. What’s your worst habit?
Biting my nails
12. What’s your theme song?
“Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield
13. If you could trade places with Coach Coyne for a day, what would you do?
I would cancel practice.
14. When you were younger, what were you always getting in trouble for?
Talking too much
15. What is your favorite memory with your Irish teammates?
Going to the Final Four my freshman year.
16. Other than the Irish, what is your favorite sports team?
The Baltimore Ravens, because I’m from Baltimore and I know some of them myself.
17. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I would choose my great-grandmother, because she died three days before I was born. I always hear so much about her. She was like a mom to my mom so I think we would have been really close.
18. Where is your favorite place at Notre Dame?
My favorite place is Stonehenge fountain because I think that area is the prettiest place on campus.
19. Which has been the biggest game of your career?
I would say the Northwestern game last year. Even though we lost, I played pretty consistently and was able to bring the team up even though everyone was playing poorly.
20. What does being part of the Fighting Irish mean to you?
I would say tradition. I’m not Irish, and no one in my family is Irish, but it means a lot to come here with the prestige and everything it stands for.